Band of Brothers

GeoFox-lu

I want to realize a cache serie (10 caches) about the Easy company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment on their way from the States (Currahee) through France, Belgium, Germany and Austria, on the waypoints like on the DVDs.

I could take the part of Bastogne as I live close to it.

But I need your help for the other parts. Can also be realized as an IMC, international multi cache.

Thx for your help

I live not too far from Toccoa, Georgia (where Currahee is located) and would be delighted to help you with it!

I've had a series of Band of Brothers TBs planned for years, but never got around to it. If this thing gets off the ground maybe you can start 'em off for me..... :laughing:

Absolutely! But depending on what the TB's are, it might be nice to start them in the hometowns, have them all meet at Toccoa, then off to England as a group. There's a pretty good chance I'll be going to England in March or april <_<

Wow... What a fantastic idea! I'm going to have to do something locally for a very special reason. Our community is fortunate to be the home for one of the few surviving members of Easy Company: Clancy Lyall.

A couple years ago when my son crossed over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, one of the leaders suggested getting Clancy Lyall to speak at the ceremony. We don't have HBO and I'd never actually watched the series so I didn't know who he was. At first I thought the kids might be bored at having to listen to some guy talking about a war that may as well be ancient history to them. Boy, was I wrong! The adults were of course enthralled but the kids were hanging on his every word and fired off question after question. One young scout asked, "Did you ever kill anyone?" You could hear the hushed gasps from the adults at the "unmentionable" question but Mr. Lyall smiled and said, "I'm glad you asked that!" Taking a serious tone, he related the horrors of war as best he could to a young audience some 60 years removed, answering, "Honestly, I don't know... I hope not but I probably did." And from that launching point went on to talk about the value of life and the responsibility we have to protect the freedom we enjoy.

So best of luck in placing a "Band of Brothers" themed cache and thanks for giving me a great idea!

That was a brilliant series and an amazing story. In the UK Easy Co. were trained in Aldbourne in Berkshire and then moved to Upottery in Devon before they embarked for France. Both of these are a bit outside my caching area, but I feel sure that more local UK cachers would like to place caches as part of the series.

I actually live in Toccoa and would be glad to assist in any way. We have a fairly new museum that covers the history of the Band of Brothers. Every October there is a reunion for the men still living. I'd love to help in any way. I've tried to get the museum to make a coin to honor the Band of Brothers, but their funds are very low.