MyFinds PQ not current

FlygURL

I've noticed that if I log my caches for the day and then, within say 12 hours, I run the special MyFind PQ, it may or may not have those find and/or logs in it.

How long do I have to wait? What is your experience?

The last time I ran the MyFinds PQ (on December 26), I wound up with similar wierdness.

I waited about 12 hours between logging my latest finds and running the PQ. The file I got by e-mail included all the caches I had found, but for one of the three caches I had logged earlier the same day, the entry not only didn't include my own log, it didn't include any logs! When I ran the GPX file through FindStats and uploaded the file to itsnotaboutthenumbers.com, some of the stats that came out of those analyses were skewed because those logs were missing.

I went to the Web page for the cache with the missing logs and downloaded the information in GPX format. This copy did include all the logs, including mine. I opened the MyFinds GPX in a text editor and spliced my log entry into the XML code. Then when I ran the corrected MyFinds file through FindStats and itsnotaboutthenumbers.com, all the numbers were OK.

Why the MyFinds file was incomplete in the first place is a mystery. Since I can only run the thing once a week, I'll have to wait a few days and check the next edition.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

I believe the PQs run off a separate database than what you log to, but I'm not sure how often they sync with each other. Apparently it's more than every 12 hours though...

Moderators - What is the time from posting a log until it is completely available to the My Finds PQ?

I believe the PQs run off a separate database than what you log to, but I'm not sure how often they sync with each other. Apparently it's more than every 12 hours though...

I wonder if it's a function of when you request it? I bet during the "heavy" times, there's probably a big delay with the databases syncing themselves as they try to keep up with the logs coming in.

I usually request my file on Monday or Tuesday and I'll get it, all caches accounted for, within a minute.

Moderators - What is the time from posting a log until it is completely available to the My Finds PQ? Is it a delay between servers? Is it affected by the level of activity?

I appreciate all who responded. Most of the responses are speculation. I am wondering what the facts are.