Logging a coin?

GP-Hiker

Hi, I retrieved a Geocoin from a cache in Manistee MI. The last person did not log this as being in placed in this cache. When I try to log this coin I do not get the retrieved option. I only get the grabbed option. The problem is, the person who logged the coin last, has not logged the cache I retrieved it from. It looks like the last person with the coin has skipped logging altogether. Now, do I ask the last person that retrieved the coin to log it? If they did log it, it would more than likely place it in the wrong cache.

Man this is confusing......maybe I should ask the last person to log the coin, to log it as being placed in the cache I retrieved it from?

Help please. This is my first coin. The info page states you'll be given 3 options, Retrieved, Grabbed and Discover.

Maybe I'm going overboard here, but as a newby I just want to do it right the first time.

Yes...write to the last person to hold the coin asking that person to drop it in the cache you found it in. That way, the coin will get it's mileage for it's travels! If, after a few days to weeks (depending on how patient you are) you could either write a follow up note or you could grab it from the cacher, drop it into the cache you found it in, and then grab it back. That way, the TB still gets it's mileage and you have the TB!!

Always be polite...and keep in mind that life may have prevented this person from following up on the coin!!

Hi, I retrieved a Geocoin from a cache in Manistee MI. The last person did not log this as being in placed in this cache. When I try to log this coin I do not get the retrieved option. I only get the grabbed option. The problem is, the person who logged the coin last, has not logged the cache I retrieved it from. It looks like the last person with the coin has skipped logging altogether. Now, do I ask the last person that retrieved the coin to log it? If they did log it, it would more than likely place it in the wrong cache.

Man this is confusing......maybe I should ask the last person to log the coin, to log it as being placed in the cache I retrieved it from?

Help please. This is my first coin. The info page states you'll be given 3 options, Retrieved, Grabbed and Discover.

Maybe I'm going overboard here, but as a newby I just want to do it right the first time.

To get the mileage and record of the coin being in the cache grab the coin then post a note on the cache page and drop the coin, you can delete the note if you want and it will still be seen as being in the cache. And then log your find. You will have to grab the coin again so then it wont be listed as being in the cache.

Yes...write to the last person to hold the coin asking that person to drop it in the cache you found it in. That way, the coin will get it's mileage for it's travels! If, after a few days to weeks (depending on how patient you are) you could either write a follow up note or you could grab it from the cacher, drop it into the cache you found it in, and then grab it back. That way, the TB still gets it's mileage and you have the TB!!

Always be polite...and keep in mind that life may have prevented this person from following up on the coin!!

I just want to echo the "be polite" and "patient" rule. Often people will travel and drop a bug or a coin off in a cache far from their home, helping the traveller gain some miles, but by doing so, may not be able to log the drop until they return home to their computer.