What does geocaching do for you?

Eric-san

I'm doing a brief survey for a project at school, and I decided geocaching was worthy of surveying.

I would appreciate it it if you included your first and last name, and state.

Geocaching to me, is adult scavenger-hunting, but better. No one loses, because there are always other caches and we are really competing sort of speak. It is important to me that geocaching exists, because I have an opportunity to go back to nature and/or parks or areas I'm not familar with and see what exists around me. :D Eric Bittick, Oregon.

It gets me out of the house so that I don't bother my wife. I introduces me to places in the community that I may not see otherwise. It has improved my ability to use a gps in a remarkable way. It allows me to meet people with something of the same interests that I have (hiking, nature, botany, etc.). And it lets me respond to forum topics like this one....

Geocaching to me, is adult scavenger-hunting, but better. No one loses, because there are always other caches and we are really competing sort of speak. It is important to me that geocaching exists, because I have an opportunity to go back to nature and/or parks or areas I'm not familar with and see what exists around me. :D Eric Bittick, Oregon.

Hi Eric, I am new to geocaching (44 since 9/1/06). For me it is a way to explore trails near me that I didn't know existed or ones that I felt silly just going to hike as an over 40, out of shape, stay at home mom. Now I look forward to the time that I get a chance to go for a hike. I love exploring and finding the caches from ones in parks to ones at the ocean to ones in conservation areas that I did not know existed the next town over. Even when I have to log a DNF, I am still happy that I spent the time outdoors exploring. So, for me geocaching is a great new hobby that I plan on doing for a long time.

Denise L. New Hampshire

The doctor said I needed exercise for BP control! So I started walking about the same time I discovered geocaching. My BP is excellent, I'm feeling stronger and less winded. I have been to parks and places I never knew existed, and some of them are very close to my home circle. I have met a community of good people. It has turned ordinary travel for work and long nights in a strange hotel or city into an opportunity to discover someplace new. I love the attributes that geocaching has brought to my days.

Well let's see,

Started: Jan. 3, 2006

Caches Found: 2210

Caches Hid: 150

New Friends: Many

Weight Lost: 122 lbs

Former Pants: 40x32

New Pants: 32x34

Former Shirt: XXXL

New Shirt: L

Miles on the GPS: 16,567

Former B/P: 144/92

New B/P: 110/68

Former Hours per day on TV: Avg. 6

Hours of TV now: 1/2hr

Former Outlook: Eating Self to Death

New Outlook: The World is out there and I want to see it!

Goecaching has brought me to so many new places, places that have been hidden to my knowledge even in areas I have been to many times. Geocaching has intorduced me to a new world of FANTASTIC people that I truly consider friends. Geocaching has reintroduced me to living a cleaner, healthier, longer and more fulfilled life as now each day is filled with a new adventure, more complex thinking, less stress and a renewed faith in myself.

I'd say Geocaching is a pretty darn good thing.

Well let's see,

Goecaching has brought me to so many new places, places that have been hidden to my knowledge even in areas I have been to many times. Geocaching has intorduced me to a new world of FANTASTIC people that I truly consider friends. Geocaching has reintroduced me to living a cleaner, healthier, longer and more fulfilled life as now each day is filled with a new adventure, more complex thinking, less stress and a renewed faith in myself.

Wow you are an inspiration!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Well let's see,

That ROCKS! Good for you!