Legend user Start up screen help please

I Have just purchased a Legend GPS from ebay and i would like to change the welcome message when you turn the gps on as it has the guys name and address on it who used to own it ,and i cant figure out how you do this .....

I Have a cable with it and mapsource but i dont have a manual ,so i dont know how to change the start up screen , i have downloaded the manual of off the garmin website but still cannot see where u change this ....

The main reason why i would like to change the start up message is because i lost my last GPS while out geocaching and hopefully touchwood this will never happen again ......As its turned out to be a very exspensive mistake another reason why i bought the 2nd hand Legend GPS of Ebay ......

Be careful about putting your full address. :huh:

If it's found, a low life might realize you are away from home, and the house is empty...

House number and postcode as recommended by the police.

Errr.... that IS your full address!

but would they know how to enter that into a (website/application/gps etc) to turn it into a map or address they (or to ask someone) could actully find... :huh:

Edited by barryhunter

but would they know how to enter that into a (website/application/gps etc) to turn it into a map or address they (or to ask someone) could actully find... :huh:

Trust me there's plenty of web sites that allow you to do this......!!!

Instead just add a work address (less dodgy),a mobile number or email address. The dishonest amongst us will ignore whatever you put anyway :huh: but the more honest should get in touch :(

Instead just add a work address (less dodgy),a mobile number or email address. The dishonest amongst us will ignore whatever you put anyway :huh: but the more honest should get in touch :(

Thanks for all the replies people

have managed to change the start up screen if only i had done this on my old GPS .....

but would they know how to enter that into a (website/application/gps etc) to turn it into a map or address they (or to ask someone) could actully find... :ph34r:

Instead just add a work address (less dodgy),a mobile number or email address. The dishonest amongst us will ignore whatever you put anyway :rolleyes: but the more honest should get in touch :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies people

have managed to change the start up screen if only i had done this on my old GPS .....

I would suggest just putting a name and mobile phone number. Neither are geographically recogniseable and cannot give away your location to would be thieves.

Trust me, with your house number and postcode i could find your full address within 20 seconds at the PC.

Edited by TheToyGiants