Probably been asked before, but...

PhoenyxRysyng

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I made my first attempt at finding a "blinker" cache today, without any luck. My GPSr was telling me that I was basically parked right on top of it.

I've seen references to "blinkers" on some of the other cache pages, but I am unclear as to what distinguishes these from other caches?

Thanks in advance to all of you more experienced folks!

I think this might be a "blinkie". These are tiny LED lights that can be magnetic. That way you put one on a shirt or hat, then a peice of steel backing behind it, and wear it.

Some people take the batteries ar other guts out, and put a micro log inside. Then you have a nano that seals fairly well, and is already magnetized. It's a cheap source for a nano cache.

That's what I'd be looking for anyway... your mileage may vary.

Have you seen a Mr. Magneto? It's a round metal container about the size of a fingernail, is magnetic, and unscrews to reveal a narrow scroll of paper. I am under the impression that "blinkies" are very similar, perhaps the same thing.

:D I know it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I have seen several "Mr. Magneto" caches in the receint months....I guess that site has gotten popular. WHEW that cache container is small. :D:D

I think this might be a "blinkie". These are tiny LED lights that can be magnetic. That way you put one on a shirt or hat, then a peice of steel backing behind it, and wear it.

Some people take the batteries ar other guts out, and put a micro log inside. Then you have a nano that seals fairly well, and is already magnetized. It's a cheap source for a nano cache.

That's what I'd be looking for anyway... your mileage may vary.

That'd be my guess too :D