Best and Cheapest place to get GPSMap 60Cx

Probably the wrong place but can I ask an ignorant one being just a lowley yellow etrex user?

What would be the real cost of upgrading to a system like this? I don't mean the price of the unit, that's relatively easy to establish, but what also does one need to buy in the way of sim cards, mapping software, cables and cases, etc to get a real advantage from it.

For instance when I got my WAAS etrex it cost c. £60 from the US on ebay. However, to take full advantage of it I've had to buy a cable, case, GSAK and Cachemate licence and recargable batteries/charger. All in about £100 not bad but 40% more than the face costs. I gather that if I upgrade to the cat's wiskers then there may be a host of other gizmos I will need but without knowing anyone with one it's hard to find out.

Any advice would be happily recieived. Thanks

FMC

Probably the wrong place but can I ask an ignorant one being just a lowley yellow etrex user?

What would be the real cost of upgrading to a system like this? I don't mean the price of the unit, that's relatively easy to establish, but what also does one need to buy in the way of sim cards, mapping software, cables and cases, etc to get a real advantage from it.

For instance when I got my WAAS etrex it cost c. £60 from the US on ebay. However, to take full advantage of it I've had to buy a cable, case, GSAK and Cachemate licence and recargable batteries/charger. All in about £100 not bad but 40% more than the face costs. I gather that if I upgrade to the cat's wiskers then there may be a host of other gizmos I will need but without knowing anyone with one it's hard to find out.

Any advice would be happily recieived. Thanks

FMC

About the only thing you would need to add is some maps as the GSAK and Cachemate will still serve you well. Many deals include Garmin Metroguide which covers Europe to street level and coming from a non-mapping device that should be plenty to get you going. If you want to splash out on topo maps then you will have to spend some big bucks although there is a free set which some people use. Bear in mind if you are buying Garmin mapping programs from somewhere like the bay, that some of them require unlock codes and will only work for two devices so you coul have problems. Metroguide does not fall into this category.