Texas Mini's

Team Macha

For any of you who may have missed the sale of the Texas Mini's I have good news! You can save bunches of money on your car insurance by switching to Gieco... and you can buy the set from me that was able to get. If you have any offers you can send me a message. I prefer money but I will consider trades. Somewhere in the $24 plus $1.01 for shipping (that includes tracking) range would be nice. Thats about that exact same as what I paid for them. Like I said any offers can be sent to me through my profile. Thanks!

Some people don't activate their coins at all. The question wasn't meant to be mean at all, it is just information that should be put out there when you are selling coins.

BTW - I activate all of mine.

I am sorry If I sounded like I was being hostile I am just really confused by some people who think that activated coins are worth less but when I ask them why they say that, they can't give a reasonable answer. Like I told someone whats the point of having them be trackable if no one is going to actiavte them :), we might as well not pay Groundspeak the $1.50 per coin to make them as such if all it does it lower their value. :)

For me, if I was interested in that coin, it would not be an issue. I would have no problem with it as long as nobody logged them. That would be an issue for me since I want the coin to have only my info, and I don't want to delete another cachers log.

I've seen people sell coins on ebay where they had let people log them, and the new owner deleted the logs. I've seen that cause some hard feelings.

And again, some people just don't want the coins to show up in their inventory because they only want the coins that travel there.

Different strokes for different folks. But you should always say that the coin is activated or not when offering it for sale.

Yes they are activated but I don't see how that is relavent. I can adopt them to a new owner and it takes about 15 seconds. I don't understand why some of you think that coins should be worth less just because they are activated.

They are worth less, like selling already chewed gum...just my opinion :laughing::laughing:

Edited by GBOTS
I am sorry If I sounded like I was being hostile I am just really confused by some people who think that activated coins are worth less
Think of it like traditional currency coins. Uncirculated coins are generally worth more than coins that have been out moving around. Geocoins are the same way.

Think of it like traditional currency coins. Uncirculated coins are generally worth more than coins that have been out moving around. Geocoins are the same way.

You used the example of currency so I will too. Say you go to a store and pull out a quarter that was made in 1985 and you also have one that you just got from the bank that very day and it has never seen a cash register or anything, well just because the new quarter has never been circulated does it mean that it is worth more than the other older one? Of course not they are worth the same 25 cents is 25 cents. I figure that just because I have had the coin and activated it (and have never taken outside my home) it should not be worth less than a coin of the same exact kind that hasn't been activated. There is nothing physically different that should make it worth less it is just activated. Like I said before if activating them makes them worth less then what's the point of paying Groundspeak $1.50 per coin to make them trackable? I really don't understand... :laughing:

Macha, you're arguing this again? Like MustangJoni said, "But to people who do not buy activated coins, it is worthless..."

Different Strokes for different folks, indeed. I have adopted a coin, but it was intended to become a travelling coin. If I wanted a coin for my (modest) collection, then I wouldn't want it activated, for a number of reasons.

And to clarify, I only add my 2 cents to the rest of the folks here to help all coin collectors come to some sort of "code of ethics". There are no rules about selling activated coins, or how much you want to charge for a coin. The best thing you can do is follow simple economic supply and demand, and take the feedback in a positive light.

I just hope these coins can find a good home, and with someone who finds the price right, and doesn't mind activated coins...and there will be a person out there! Good luck! (<--no snark intended) :blink:

There are a lot of things regarding coins I don't get, but that doesn't change the facts. You (or anyone for that fact) may not understand why it is this way, but the general feeling is that activated coins are worth less. Whether you I understand it really has no bearing on that.

So, until that changes there are two choices. Either lower the price of activated coins or don't activate them to begin with.

My only issue regarding this is that he did not say they were activated until he was asked. He can charge as much as he wants on these, and if someone wants them: Great! But I want to know if what I'm buying is activated or not.

I have a better analogy than the one above (sorry 9key! LOL): It is like buying a new car and driving it off the lot. Nothing really changed about the car, but if you take it back to sell it to the dealership, the will offer you significantly less than you just paid for it. So when you activate a coin, you drove it off the lot. You can still sell it, but don't expect to get as much!

I do wish you good luck with your sale!

Edited by MustangJoni

I have a better analogy than the one above (sorry 9key! LOL): It is like buying a new car and driving it off the lot. Nothing really changed about the car, but if you take it back to sell it to the dealership, the will offer you significantly less than you just paid for it. So when you activate a coin, you drove it off the lot. You can still sell it, but don't expect to get as much!

Thats a pretty good analogy :blink:

That new car coin smell is valuable (to some at least) :unsure:

Thats a pretty good analogy :mad:

That new car coin smell is valuable (to some at least) :unsure:

Welch You are goofy lol "the new car smell" haha :blink: But yes I have sold all the Texas Mini's and I extend thanks to all who have bought some or left comments. I think that we should have a thread that argue's about whether unactivated coins are worth less or not. :mad:

Team Macha out! :huh: