Micro SD 2gig for garmin gpsmap60Cxs

fat bloke

Hello

Could anyone help me, Not having bought much online, I would like advice as to which micro sd to buy and where from.

I find buying thing on line quite a gamble and I can only find 2 gig cards on line, also I would like to install topo uk and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

B)

cannot really give you good advice on your SD-card. but for buying things online, if you use a bit of common sense, look around, even on ebay, there are some good deals you can make. if you go for ebay, check the sellers history, for how long they are up, and what they have sold so far. you wont really be disappointed i think.

Another stay away from the Ultras peice of advice ...

I have a 1G in a 76CSX and get the whole of the South of the UK from Lands End pretty much up approx 12 miles North of the A69 and about 50% of the Northumberland National Park

Just selected all Map tiles and they take 1.7G ... so a 2G will take the whole of UK Topo with space for something else

I just looked at the place I got my cards from and they have 1G at 22.72 GBP

http://www.onlinememory.co.uk/index.php?ma...products_id=569

2G at 50GBP

http://www.onlinememory.co.uk/index.php?ma...products_id=672

Edited by S&G.Davison

Just selected all Map tiles and they take 1.7G ... so a 2G will take the whole of UK Topo with space for something else

There is a limit on the number of tiles that can be loaded - You're more likely to hit it with topo than others as they tend to cover smaller pathes - what was the tile count for that lot?

There is a limit on the number of tiles that can be loaded - You're more likely to hit it with topo than others as they tend to cover smaller pathes - what was the tile count for that lot?

2'025

and you can only upload about 1.7-8 gb on the card. that is normal, you never get the whole lot on your storage..

TOPO GB Ver 2 .. all tiles is 752

This has been covered a few times in previous threads and I'm sure there was loads of information there. Just in case any one needs reassurance on this one, I bit the bullet earlier this year and have the whole of Topo GB v2 loaded on to a 2GB card bought from www.mobymemory.co.uk

Product Description: http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?p...048%5FBundleBuy

It worked fine out of the box for me. No problems with speed or number of tiles etc. As well as the whole of the UK I've got additional rough maps for some of the rest of the world and I still haven't reached the limit of the card yet. The USB 2 adapter is worth getting as its much easier and quicker to transfer maps sets to and from the card this way rather than through the supplied GPS cable.

Hello

Could anyone help me, Not having bought much online, I would like advice as to which micro sd to buy and where from.

I find buying thing on line quite a gamble and I can only find 2 gig cards on line, also I would like to install topo uk and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

:unsure:

I have bought several types of card from Here and they are very good if a fault developes at a late date ..waiting for 2GB stock though!!

Dave

Thanks for your help!!

I have purcased a 2gig micro card from moby memory, then topo from gpsshoponline.co.uk, loaded up, unlocked, and then 3 hrs on usb1 to load onto my unit. Now I can select a cache and goto by road.

"When I was at school all we had a compass and a set o logaritims. <_< "

" :D O yes and the cain but it did me no harm :);) "