TB visits

Gruntyv8

Hi

I currently have retrieved 3 bugs from local caches as i intend a trip this weekend which will get them all far away and into a tourist area hopefuly to be picked up and taken who knows where.

I am still visiting other caches and when I log my visit I deposit each TB and then have to go and retrieve them again;

is this the right thing to do? it keeps the miles ading up and adds a bit more detail to their trip..

can GC come up with a visiting button or similair so i can log them in and out easier or even automaticaly as the system knows i have them when I visit each cache?

Cheers

Alan

I am still visiting other caches and when I log my visit I deposit each TB and then have to go and retrieve them again;

is this the right thing to do? it keeps the miles ading up and adds a bit more detail to their trip..

'Dipping' is a common practice.

Can't help you with the other part of your post.

Dipping is common, but is it right? It resets or "washes" the 14 day notice for TBs you are holding. Logging the TB at a cache it is not staying at, is that proper? Perhaps we should have a "Dipping" option for TBs you own and a "Washing" option for TBs you have held too long. :cry:

Loch Cache

Dipping is common, but is it right? It resets or "washes" the 14 day notice for TBs you are holding. Logging the TB at a cache it is not staying at, is that proper? Perhaps we should have a "Dipping" option for TBs you own and a "Washing" option for TBs you have held too long. :cry:

Loch Cache

It depends on your intent, I suppose. If you have a plan (to help in the TBs mission, of course) for the TB, and it takes more than 14 days to complete said plan, what's the harm in removing the annoy message, while adding to the TBs history?

If they create a 'washing' option, I'll create a 'My Hair', or perhaps a 'My Laundry' TB!!

It depends on your intent, I suppose. If you have a plan (to help in the TBs mission, of course) for the TB, and it takes more than 14 days to complete said plan, what's the harm in removing the annoy message, while adding to the TBs history?

If they create a 'washing' option, I'll create a 'My Hair', or perhaps a 'My Laundry' TB!!

Dipping...washing....14 day notice ????

could someone explane this to me?

Maybe in a PM so not to use up more roon here to answer a question Im sure is posted everyware.

I didnt know there was a 14 day notice. I know the TB's are to be moved along, but are you saying there is a penitely for holding them to long??

Hi

thanks for the replys, dipping and washing will bring some great TB names, I like the ones so far :rolleyes: .

Glad I asked a sensible question. The 14 day reminder should still stay, I didnt know there was one but I do now, but I had a trip planned in a week so I kept them and collected all I could. The ones I knew about I left until it was only a week to go. The dipping option should not wash away the 14 day notice as the bug is still in your possesion.

sounds good so far

Alan

I've never heard of using bug-dipping (washing) to get rid of the 14-day notice. Not saying it isn't done, I've just not heard of it. In any event there are legitimate reasons for "dipping" bugs. Just a few off the top of my head..

1. Dip in a nearby cache to start for mileage before placing in the first cache for release.

2. Dip in the cache in which it was found but had not been properly dropped to correct for tracking and mileage. (I've done this MANY times)

3. Dip in caches over the course of a cache run for fun or to support the bug's goal to hit many caches quickly before dropping in a final cache.

4. Dipping a personal bug to track mileage and travels.

In these scenarios, and those others may think of, a dipped or visited log would reduce each of these to 1 trasnaction, speed up logging, better reflect what is going on, and perhaps reduce site traffic.