PQ Swapping

The Mars Bars

I have just loaded a PQ into my database that was generated for another cacher.

It has increased my found caches which ordinarilly I would be pleased about :anitongue: but I want the database to be accurate.

Apart from using the "date found by me" and clicking on each cache individually to change the cache status back to "unfound" is there a simpler way, or a macro that can do this automatically after such an import.

BTW we are bpoth premium members so there is nothing untoward here.

Cheers

Dave

Think you may find that "swapping pq's is against the terms anc conditions

If it's against the rules etc... how come there's a function that allows you to send to an alternate email address ??

To allow you to use a different address, usually one dedicated to PQs.

The T&Cs are unclear on exchanging PQs between premium members. It would depend on the definition of "unlicensed third parties". It could easily be argued that a PM is by definition licensed, but I bet Groundspeak wouldn't see it that way.

We have a GMail account dedicated solely to PQ's and have GSAK automatically load them from there. We would not want the PQ's going to the normal email address on our profile. I suspect quite a few others do this too.

PQ swapping is definitely against the terms of the site.

If it's against the rules etc... how come there's a function that allows you to send to an alternate email address ??

We have a GMail account dedicated solely to PQ's and have GSAK automatically load them from there. We would not want the PQ's going to the normal email address on our profile. I suspect quite a few others do this too.

Yes this is how I control my PQ's

PQ swapping is definitely against the terms of the site.

I think that there might be one exception here, if you are with the person at the time, you could argue that the PQ is being used by you, to help others, as there is no agreement that the PQ has to stay on your PC. You would normally do this if planning a trip together. But just to give the Data away is a big NO NO