Palm Z22 suddenly stopped working...

parker313

My Palm is 3 months old and has worked flawlessly to date. This morning I was out looking for a cache without my GPSr (long story, think I lost it this weekend :laughing: ) and was looking back at my CacheMate files for some info about one in a park where we happened to be. I noticed that the screen was a little dimmer than usual, but just attributed it to the bright day.

I put it back in my bag, and later went to check for the hint (it's hard to find a cache without a GPSr and just a vague idea of where it is) but the screen wouldn't come on at all. I thought it was just out of power, but it's been charging all day and no luck.

I know it's more than just the screen having gone out as when I connect it to the USB on my computer, there's no connection "sound".

I guess I just have to call Palm in the morning for tech help, but thought I'd post here real quick and see if anyone had any tricks to try first.

It's no fun suddenly being down a GPSr and a PDA all in one weekend :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Kristin

On another topic - maybe post the caches that you visited and see if someone might find your GPS along a trail or at a cache?

Ed

Thanks for that suggestion. I know exactly where I lost it (well, not *exactly*, but pretty close). It was quite a ways away from the cache - we hit the playground at the park and then walked back to the car. The park is a big loop around the lake and the cache would be at 2 o'clock, the playground at 6 o'clock and the car at 10 o'clock. I am afraid that it fell out of the stroller when we folded it back up at the parking lot. I will post a note on that cache *just in case*.

OK, off to reset the Palm. I'll brb and update. Thanks for the suggestions!!

--Kristin

My E2 does this occasionally. Usually after taking a static shock. Let it set for a couple days and it would clear up. I've heard of other E2's having this issue but not the Z22s, but then I have never looked. Good luck on finding your GPSr, I would die if I lost mine...save my wife from doing it.