To be or not to be

Red Squadron

I was just wondering why it is that I am not able to reply to a question set by a Premium member (The Birders). They asked whether or not to allow certain items of an inflammable nature into a cache. I clicked on the REPLY button but it wouldnt allow me to post. Is it simply that I am not a premium member and they are ?

Anyway in reply to their question, I think that it is wrong to put lighters (unless empty) or any other combustable items into caches. There has to be a line drawn somewhere or it will get uncontrollable. Caches can get inordinately HOT laying under bushes and logs and we all know what can happen to a heated coke can or bottle of drink.......it can explode. Imagine what would happen if a lighter full of lighter fuel was to heat up inside a plastic container, just as YOU or one of your family were to pick it up. So come on folks, lets have a little more commonsense about what we put in the containers. 99.9% of us are being sensible about this, its just the other .1% that needs educating.

I was just wondering why it is that I am not able to reply to a question set by a Premium member (The Birders). They asked whether or not to allow certain items of an inflammable nature into a cache. I clicked on the REPLY button but it wouldnt allow me to post. Is it simply that I am not a premium member and they are ?

I think you may have been logged out that is what normally prevents anyone from posting. I sometimes forget to log in and then get annoyed when I am reminded to log in.

I second that emotion. As someone who has run several Invision boards in the past, while it is perfectly possible to prevent group of members reading/posting in particular sections, there is no facility to prevent a class of user posting in reply to another class of user. It's either a glitch (unlikely) or some sort of remote (ie user's computer) problem.

Please try again. As far as I know (as forum moderator) there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to reply to ANY post here.

All is ok now, I have just made a REPLY to the original post and it went through ok. Thanks for your concerns. It must have been a glitch on my part because i also had a problem with receiving my Emails, that is also cleared up now. :D