There is a limit to map uploading?

beautyisgod

Hi there eveyrone! do you know that there is a limit to uploading up to GPS 60CSX unit? I didnt know that! Apparently it only allow us to upload a max of 2025 maps TOAL....from blue chart, City Navigator, TOPO or whatever, but so far that is all we are allowed to upload. Is this correct? Is there a way to bypass this?

My micro drive is 1GB...but with 2025...it only uses about 750MB what the hell i am doing to do with the extra blank space for? trash???

Very interesting about the maximum you can put on the card.

As I mentioned in another thread, loading the entire country may slow down your map response time and will display POI's thousands of miles from your current location.

I recommend purchasing a smaller card (128 or 256 MB) for local use. That should cover your home area within a 200 mile radius.

Load the rest of the country on the larger card, and use it if you take a road trip.

Best regards,

-Paul-

Very interesting about the maximum you can put on the card.

As I mentioned in another thread, loading the entire country may slow down your map response time and will display POI's thousands of miles from your current location.

I recommend purchasing a smaller card (128 or 256 MB) for local use. That should cover your home area within a 200 mile radius.

Load the rest of the country on the larger card, and use it if you take a road trip.

Best regards,

-Paul-

thanks for the respond Paul! but i do not like the idea of switching between micro drive around if i have 7 different maps...

Be thankful. When the CS(x) series was first released the limit was only about 1000! This gives me hope that it can be upped again.

Rick

why should i be thankful if i paid for the unit which is so expensive and the map is even more expensive? if i paid $$$$ i should be able to upload as many maps as I WANT and NO LIMIT for me!!!!!

I believe Garmin set that as the number for a reason. When you load up the full 2025 (i did that) the redraw gets slower. If you got a 2gb card and loaded up 5000 map segments it would be painfully slow. I think Garmin would need to put a faster processor in the "2gb" models. Then again they might up the limit and let you decide :laughing:

I believe Garmin set that as the number for a reason. When you load up the full 2025 (i did that) the redraw gets slower. If you got a 2gb card and loaded up 5000 map segments it would be painfully slow. I think Garmin would need to put a faster processor in the "2gb" models. Then again they might up the limit and let you decide :laughing:

hey regarding the garmin 60csx processor...what kind of processor do they use? anybody knows? i mean the iQue 3600 series uses like 200MHZ processor...but what about the 60csx??? does ANYBODY knows? is it like 50MHZ or 75 MHZ or what?

yea ur right...if we have 5000 maps...it would be too slow