Not another mill event!

Father Jack

Ok guys,

As pointed out by the Kelsborrow Wayfinders (thanks for the info) Man united are playing on the night of the 17th and they think the mill will be too busy.

I propose the event is moved to either Telfords warehouse; it’s not too far from the mill or to a pub near Hazel’s coin hotel in E. Port near Cheshire oaks (both pubs have free parking), Or move the event to the week after.

We could still meet at the mill as I’m sure some of us would like to watch the football too.

Cast your votes and I will act accordingly.

FJ

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=460793

We had a Mill "non-event" when the footie was on and it was very busy. I would suggest either moving the date or the venue. I would go for a change of venue if the other locations are bigger than the Mill.

Thanks Pieman, telfords warehouse is bigger, I don't know what the other pub is like, we will have to wait untill hazel reads this thread!

I've not been to Telfords but have been to the Stanney Oaks near Hazel's geocoin cache. Seemed ok when I was there but we only stopped for 45 mins or so to meet a colleague.

I suppose the football might be on at any number of pubs in the area though?

Thanks for your post. As far as i remember telfords hasn't got tv's in the bar, its more of a music venue.

As for the Stanney Oaks, as its an out of town pub it might not be as busy or there might be a quiet corner.

The earlier non-events were just for a quick get together only really publicised on this forum. I don't think the Mill is very good for a fully blown event because it is very hit and miss as to whether there are enough seats. I think it's a great idea to move it. Telford's often has concerts so it is probably a good one to avoid. I think an out of town pub would be better. In the same general location as the Stanney Oaks there is the Rake which is huge and also the Bunbury Arms (I think) at Stoak which was Pub of the Year and very close to one of the Heavenly Hides but I've never been in that.

There's no gigs at telfords on the 17th. The rake is the name of the pub i was trying to think of!

I really don't have any preferences, as long as I can get back to N Staffs easily (early start for work the next morning)

Was just going to change the co-ords when we had decided, didn't realise that i'm only allowed to move them not more than half a mile. You learn somthing new every day!

I believe that when there's no bands on, Telfords is very loud with the jukey box thingy, so Rake Hall would be better....

Chris (Father Jack) seems to be incommunicado atm, so will wit with bated breath.....

Me, Incommunicado...? do you want my schedule!!!!

The rake it is then! will get co-ords tonight on my way to work!

No preference - I guess we're talking in the Cheshire Oaks area from the descriptions above?

I do agree with Tizzy about not "too" late and getting back home - i'm in the same boat as Bolas Heathens and have to get back to N. Shropshire (but will be coming from work in N. Staffs!!!)

Thats right, its 1min from the motorway so should suit youself & The Bolas Heathens better.

Oh I am pleased...

and I've arranged with Dawn and Browni to meet earlier for dinner in there, as it's a hungry horse pub - ie cheap and BIG dinners!!!

Anyone else that want to join us, let me know!

Sounds like a good idea, I shall be heading over after work from Runcorn.