One cache, two cache

nutlady

Ok, I have recently found out that a puzzle cache I searched for is listed as well as another cache.

Is that confusing?

There are two cache listings for the same cache. One is traditional, the other a puzzle.

I am surprised that no one has figured this out before.....but maybe they did and the logs were deleted.

As I asked, is this acceptable? And I also wonder how it got by a reviewer........

I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery was "within 1 mile/km of the final co-ords". Could one be archived?

Well, thats sorta my reason for asking. One of them should be archived, in my opinion. But then, I am still sorta new to this. I just wonder what the rules are.

Alot of times I find a neat spot /idea for a cache, but I can not get it passed a reviewer because there is a virtual clue nearby for a multi/puzzle cache. That sorta irritates me, because one puzzle cache going through my town uses 4-5 virts to get to the cache. And so no cache can be placed withen .10 of any virt clue.

Heck, Im going off my own subject. Imagine that!

I'm not entirely certain I understand your original post. But the "bogus" coords of a puzzle cache aren't counted for proximity. So the puzzle cache bogus coords can be the same as a traditional cache - the actual solution coords for that puzzle need to be at least .1 from any other cache.

The rules are right here.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I'm not entirely certain I understand your original post. But the "bogus" coords of a puzzle cache aren't counted for proximity. So the puzzle cache bogus coords can be the same as a traditional cache - the actual solution coords for that puzzle need to be at least .1 from any other cache.

I think what she's saying is that there is a cache somewhere in her area that's listed twice -- once as a puzzle, and once as a traditional. So the smart (or just lucky) ones find it under the traditional listing, rather than expend energy solving a puzzle to get to the same point. I suppose you could technically claim two smileys, one for each listing.

As for the second bit, I think she meant waypoint when she said 'virtual clue'.

If it's the same container for both cache listings, then it's definitely not within the guidelines.

It's also not the only way to do it...

I have a 'two-speed' cache with a puzzle to solve as well as an auto-emailing webpage that will send you the coords. All I ask is that the finder mentions which method they use, and I'm careful to make the point that there's nothing "better" about solving the puzzle rather than just wanting the walk and the find.

It seems We have a simaler situation in my area.Two cache pages for the same cache.The first one is the short way to the cache and the second is the long way.Both were listed the same week by the same owner.Now I must contact the owner to see if it is the same cache or if I found only one of the 2 and signed the logbook twice for 1 cache.