Now reserving for the Libra Geocoin

Eric K

Eric,

I have to say I don't care for the usageocoins.com system very much, I have tried to place a reservation for 3 or 4 coins and not once gotten an invoice, and I'm left wondering each time if I missed it, and then if you even got my reservation.

Why not just wait till you have the coins and sell them, skip this reservation system garbage...looks like geodiamond has the same problem; your just left wondering what is happening.

I am going to chime in here and second the comments above

I would greatly appreciate two things -

1. a confirmation of my request for a coin

This will let me know that you received my request, and keep me from making another one

I understand that a confirmation of a request would not be a guarantee that I would get a coin

2. a courtesy e-mail if my request cannot or will not be filled

This ought to be easy to do automatically

It would then tell me to stop waiting, and allow me to go ahead and look for the coin elsewhere

I was expecting an invoice about September 23rd, and still haven't recieved one. Did I miss it, or are you still waiting for the coins?

Finally got them in. Some of the invoicing has been done and the rest should be done within the next week. I'll be out of town for business Thursday-Sunday.

Thanks

Eric

I was expecting an invoice about September 23rd, and still haven't recieved one. Did I miss it, or are you still waiting for the coins?

Well usually if you want people to change something for you the best way to go about it is not by calling their system 'garbage'.

I am going to chime in here and second the comments above

I would greatly appreciate two things -

1. a confirmation of my request for a coin

This will let me know that you received my request, and keep me from making another one

I understand that a confirmation of a request would not be a guarantee that I would get a coin

2. a courtesy e-mail if my request cannot or will not be filled

This ought to be easy to do automatically

It would then tell me to stop waiting, and allow me to go ahead and look for the coin elsewhere

Bhob:

While I am aware that no system is perfect as every system has their plusses and minuses. To date the system we use has worked out pretty good. From talking to other sellers with other methods there is no perfect system.

When a reservation is made you are taken to a confirmation page.

I do appreciate your input.

Also for now I do not wish to change the topic of this thread. If anyone has any comments/suggestion feel free to send an e-mail to support at usageocoins dot com.

Thanks

Well usually if you want people to change something for you the best way to go about it is not by calling their system 'garbage'.

Oops, this reply was not for the Geodiamond post. He had a legitimate question. Posted the reply for the wrong post! B)

For the record, I was refering to the idea of making a reservation as garbage, not your site. It just seems better to either Pre-sell the coins, and take the money right there (like others do) or wait till they are in stock and then actually sell them...but making a reservation does nothing for you, it doesn't commit me to buy the coin (the way a pre-sale would), and it makes it harder on the buyer to know what the status is, and if they will be getting a coin...why, as a business person, would you want to make your system harder for a customer to use??? You have some very nice coins, and I like them a lot and would like to buy some of them, it's just difficult waiting and wondering if I got one. When I see a pic of a coin that I like, and am willing to fill out a "reservation request", I'd also be willing to buy it at that point...and I'll be surprised if many people here would prefer to "reserve" a chance to get a coin and pay later, rather than just pay up front and be guarenteed.

For the record, I was refering to the idea of making a reservation as garbage, not your site. It just seems better to either Pre-sell the coins, and take the money right there (like others do) or wait till they are in stock and then actually sell them...but making a reservation does nothing for you, it doesn't commit me to buy the coin (the way a pre-sale would), and it makes it harder on the buyer to know what the status is, and if they will be getting a coin...why, as a business person, would you want to make your system harder for a customer to use??? You have some very nice coins, and I like them a lot and would like to buy some of them, it's just difficult waiting and wondering if I got one. When I see a pic of a coin that I like, and am willing to fill out a "reservation request", I'd also be willing to buy it at that point...and I'll be surprised if many people here would prefer to "reserve" a chance to get a coin and pay later, rather than just pay up front and be guarenteed.

Z-man. There is one main reason we don't do pre sales.

Occasionally unforeseen delays happen when minting coins. We have a couple that have had some issues recently and we have had to send them back for reminting.

If money was collected on those coins then I would have collected money from people for a coin that would have been delayed. I think more people are also less likely to pre pay after events like the Wyoming coin, etc. Also, I personally prefer to not accept money for an item I do not have in stock.

As far os ordering the coins first it's easier to do reservations as a means to determine how many coins need to be minted. The appeal of different coins can vary greatly.

Thank you for your input, at this time from experience this seems to be the best system for now.

As far os ordering the coins first it's easier to do reservations as a means to determine how many coins need to be minted. The appeal of different coins can vary greatly.

That is great to hear, being someone who has placed 3 or 4 reservations that apparently didn't make it, I am courious, how much does the reservations influence the number of coins minted? Why not stop taking reservations once you place an order with the mint.

Please understand that my question and the above comments are all prompted by the disapointment of trying to buy products from you, but not being able to.

One more time, just in case it got overlooked -

I don't mind making a reservation

I can understand if my reservation does not make the cut

But what I would really like is a simple notification if I am not going to be permitted to buy the coin

This is not a change to the current system

Just an enhancement that frees a potential customer from waiting and wondering

The alternative would be to assume that I missed my chance as soon as they turn up for sale elsewhere

At that point, I could just go ahead and buy it, and if I get an invoice later, cancel the thing

What I am asking for is not just a routine courtesy from USAgeocoins to me, but a way to make a sale to me more likely, and a way to cause a reduction in the number of cancelled invoices

I would rate this a win-win situation, and all for a minimal investment of time and effort

I had an incident where I reserved snowwolf coins, couldn't remember if I had ordered. The creator told me to ask USAgeocoins and I never got a response out of them. I never did get an invoice, but I found the reserve email I'd sent (which answered my original question). At that point all had been sold. I just don't bother to order from USAgeocoins. Which is a shame, as I do like some of the coins. But, IMHO, the neat coin is not worth the aggrivation.

But I guess as long as the actual owner sells all his coins, he really doesn't care if the seller annoys people who wanted to buy it otherwise.

I don't think USA coins in anyway is trying to irritate his customers. I think Eric works really hard to make us happy.

The only problems I have is that sometimes my reservation doesn't take, and I have to make another. I know it isn't because it is sold out, because I have had Eric check before, and there was no reservation. So I made two more reservations and got one invoice. So 3 reservations for one coin.

Also, it doesn't work for me budget wise. I'm on a tight coin budget, and like to pay for the coins immediately. Otherwise, I might not have the money later.

But I figure USA coins is not losing money because I don't reserve a coin because I end up trading for it, so someone bought the coin I would have!

I'm gonna guess my reservation for 2 Libra coins never made it or they sold out. Shame too as the 2 coins were a BDay present to me as I was born on the 22nd, last day of most Zodiac listings & turn 40 this yr. Was going to release 1 & keep the other for my first collection coins.

Cant trade if you dont have any coins & I refuse to buy them from that online e place.

Oh well, got my invoice for the geoghosts so guess that will be the only coins I ever try reserving for, with anyone. :/