How many TB can someone take?

geoduck.5

Travelers are meant to travel.

If it has a goal and you can help it, move it.

If it doesn't have a goal, who cares if you move it or not? Certainly not me.

Besides if you put them in a cache you must have had the bugs and coins all to yourself at some point, now didn't you?

Edited by BlueDeuce

It depends. How many travel bugs can they move along? If they only have room in their pockets for three travel bugs, then I'd say three is the limit. If they have room for five, and four are going that cacher's way, but one is going in the opposite direction (assuming all of them have goal tags) then I'd say four is the limit. Travel bugs want to travel, have stories told, photos taken, mileage added on. They do not enjoy staying for long periods in dark and dank ammo cans, or musty Tupperware containers.

Most I've taken is 7.

That was when I was planning a trip to Ottawa for a conference where geocachers from all over the country were going to be (which meant if they were going east or west it didn't matter because someone would be there that could help them out in the right direction). Got a fair number of bugs a lot closer to their goals.

Whenever you see travel bugs in a cache, please take them. Please take every travel bug that you see in a cache. My preference is not to leave a cache with more than one travel bug in it. Distribute travel bugs to as many caches as you can.

If a cache is muggled with multiple travel bugs in it, then all travel bugs in the cache at the time the cache is muggled become lost as well. This is the most important reason why it is better to distribute travel bugs to as many caches as possible. It reduces the risk of travel bug losses. Also, it provides more geocachers to find travel bugs during their cache finds.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

Whenever you see travel bugs in a cache, please take them. Please take every travel bug that you see in a cache. My preference is not to leave a cache with more than one travel bug in it. Distribute travel bugs to as many caches as you can.

If a cache is muggled with multiple travel bugs in it, then all travel bugs in the cache at the time the cache is muggled become lost as well. This is the most important reason why it is better to distribute travel bugs to as many caches as possible. It reduces the risk of travel bug losses. Also, it provides more geocachers to find travel bugs during their cache finds.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

I was just at a TB hotel with 15 TBs.I only had one and traded for 1...Should I have taken all of the TBs and only left my trade TB ?????

Um, hi, sorry if you guys consider this thread to be dead; it's been several days w/o a reply but I have a question that relates to this pretty directly and I'd rather put it here, I think, than start up a new thread and have everyone complain I should have put my question here. So, with that preface, here's the sitch:

I am going to Alaska for a week, starting tomorrow. I've been scouring the caches up there for ones I can do with my toddler. In doing this I've come across several caches with five or six TBs in them. There seem to be lots of bugs and coins all over Anchorage, and I'm wondering, aside from the weight limit on the return flight, is there any reason I couldn't snag all the ones that want to travel outside the state? I really don't want to be a hog, but I know I'd feel pretty sad if I made a TB and no one moved it for me. Wouldn't want to appear to be cacheally unacceptable... :D

FJ

If you can assist the bugs towards thier goals it doesn't matter if it's two or ten.

Go for it.

The point of travel bugs is to travel and I as an owner I want you to assist my bug as best you can. Doesn't bother me if you took a bunch along with you.

Sometimes they have amazing adventures when they are traveling together.

1056b6d0-42d7-4304-af79-36255c4d53ac.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce

There are times I may take every travel bug out of a travel bug hotel, and there are times I may leave 10 travel bugs in a cache. I move a lot of bugs and coins. I don't know that it is for everyone. There is a lot of responsibility in having 10 bugs and trying to help them all out in a two week period. I also find that when I grab about 10, 7 bugs have no specific goal, 2 want to go opposite directions and the last one wants to stay in Indiana where I picked it up :D . I always seem to have to backtrack and take one bug back, but Indiana is not that far from my home base.