How to log a Geocoin

WallygatorAZ

Well I grabbed this Geocoin today and was trying to figure out how to log it in. I don't see anything on the main site about Geocoins.

So I just went to the Travel Bug page and typed in the Geocoin number instead. Thats it! It automatically recognized the number as a Geocoin!

Its pretty easy. There is just not any easy info on logging in a Geocoin.

See Ya,

WallygatorAZ

I started caching on January 1, 2004 and didn't see my first geocoin until April 17, 2006 (2.25 years and 229 caches)!

Since then, I have found 115 more caches and 15 coins, but I worked at it. (A couple coin finds were not from caches, but by linking up with local cachers to "trade" travellers before passing them on to other caches.)

We have been caching for a while but we just started paying attention to the Geocoins - can someone clarify something on etiquette - most people have been telling us - if you find a coin that wants to move - grab it, log it and get it moving where it wants to go - like a TB. Yesterday soemone told us we should only retrieve a coin from a cache if we have another one to replace it with - which is it? They will move more easily and frequently if treated like a TB.

If it's activated (like a TB) treat it like a TB - no need to trade for it.

If it's still unactivated (you can usually tell by looking for stickers, etc. that give you the activation code) - then trade for it. Typically, a coin for a coin is a fair trade; or some other nice piece of swag.

We have been caching for a while but we just started paying attention to the Geocoins - can someone clarify something on etiquette - most people have been telling us - if you find a coin that wants to move - grab it, log it and get it moving where it wants to go - like a TB. Yesterday soemone told us we should only retrieve a coin from a cache if we have another one to replace it with - which is it? They will move more easily and frequently if treated like a TB.

Treat 'em just like a TB and keep 'em moving! Pick 'em up, admire 'em (they really like that) and place 'em in another cache or hand 'em off to another cacher. :laughing:

CF30