Podcasting On Geocaching

mikemjm

I have been exploring podcasts on geocaching and have found it very interesting. The nice part about this is that you can download a radio program and listen to it on your mp3 player, cd, or your computer whenever you want.

I would not consider my views on this topic as spam....i really do find it interesting:)

It is OK for people who enjoy the website's offerings to talk about their experiences and impressions here, just as we enjoy talking about Garmin and Magellan products. But self-promotion by the website would require prior permission from Groundspeak. You can also earn a yellow card if your posts sound as if you're a "shill" for the site (i.e., actively promoting it).

It is OK for people who enjoy the website's offerings to talk about their experiences and impressions here, just as we enjoy talking about Garmin and Magellan products. But self-promotion by the website would require prior permission from Groundspeak. You can also earn a yellow card if your posts sound as if you're a "shill" for the site (i.e., actively promoting it).

I am making the assumption that podcasts have been made on more than one site. There are many different kinds of podcasts out there. So, I fail to see how I could get a "yellow card" for just mentioning something that I enjoy and adds to my insight on geocaching.

So how exactly does listening to a podcast really add to geocaching insight?

In my opinion, the best way to gain insight on caching is to hunt caches, or hunt caches with other cachers. Attending event caches is fun too.

It is not better than the ways you mentioned. It just is another avenue for hearing about others viewpoints, interests, etc. I feel that hobbies can be enjoyed in many ways including all those that you listed. It may also open up geocaching to others who have not been exposed to the joys of finding a cache.

I get ya!

I have the most fun "Talking geocaching" at events, and on the trail with a group of cachers. I recently went on a 6 mile 7 hour hike and the topic for the day was all things geocaching related.

I like Talk Radio, but the IPOD doesn't really appeal to me personally. I don't want anything destracting my experience in the outdoors. I envision a cacher "tuned in" to his IPOD, and never realize he is being stalked by a large predator (man or beast).

I have the most fun "Talking geocaching" at events, and on the trail with a group of cachers. I recently went on a 6 mile 7 hour hike and the topic for the day was all things geocaching related.

I would have though the topic would have been why you shouldn't go on a 7 hour six mile hike in a hilly wilderness area on the hotest day of the year and if you do why you should bring plenty of water. Congratulations on your 900th.

I like Talk Radio,

Why doesn't that suprise me.

I would have though the topic would have been why you shouldn't go on a 7 hour six mile hike in a hilly wilderness area on the hotest day of the year and if you do why you should bring plenty of water. Congratulations on your 900th.

That would be a very foolish thing to do.

I like to listen to old time radio podcasts when out hiking by myself, it helps keep me from thinking about how far I still have to go. Although when I do get onto the lesser traveled trails I like to turn off the IPOD so that I am more aware of my surroundings.