Overreacting

I tried to keep my cool (and nearly failed on a mainstream thread), then a moderator responded without acknowledging me. The words TERRORIST CACHER seemed particularly badly chosen and it's all about some numpty nicking TBs which is bad but unavaoidable.

I really do object to being ignored because my sig doesn't have a State two letter acronym. OK - I know the bulk of cachers are in the States but it does not automatically enable rudeness, does it? If I'm wrong I'll crawl back into my post-empire cave and quietly slap myself on the wrist.

Oh, and the rudeness of the other European cachers about the marketing drive of Jeep (Mercedes to us cross-ponders) was blinding!

I don't understand your complaint at all. You are complaining because somebody responed to a thread without naming you specifically. Too bad, it happens all the time. You are complaining because the Jeep promotion is just in the states? Too bad. Your post seems a bit paranoid to me, but perhaps I am reading it wrong.

The thread title should perhaps have been "Over-Reacting?". The Jeep thing is neither here not there, what Mercedes/Jeep/Chrysler etc want to do to promote their excellent product in the lower 48 States of the US is not the point. Icons are not the point. Rudeness is.

I supported the US reaction to EU objections to Jeep doing their thing with Groundspeak - big ups to whoever gets the 2006 Jeep in their driveway. I hate being told to naff off from allegedly worldwide forums because I'm not in the US. I'd be the same if England started ignoring East Anglia, or GB/UK started cutting out Scotland.

Wouldn't you?

The Golem,

It's all down to experience I agree - and thanks for your response but I am still seething at the bloody rudeness of some of the US cachers - have you seen Team Cotati? Why some of the Scots cachers are still here is beyond my understanding.

I need to go and have a cup of tea, a good night's sleep then shout at someone at work

... I am still seething at the bloody rudeness of some of the US cachers - have you seen Team Cotati? Why some of the Scots cachers are still here is beyond my understanding.

Sorry Robin still not getting at as your post and the Moderators seem to have been posted at more or less the same time (so nether of you was likely to know what the other was saying). When I searched for Team Cotati posts the most recent was on the 7th July 2006. Are we all looking in the wrong place.

Anyway as a 100% Scot people are always finding me offensive! :shocked::(;):P

If you like NN - I'd love to - I'm now trying to ditch this thread so I'm not badged as some sort of old, middle class, tory reactionary who hates everyone!! Because I was a bit that way to a dodgy post I'm now dead in the water. Bugger, bugger and bugger again