What Is A Geo-holiday?

Seen this term Geo Holiday but can't work out exactly what it means - is it an actual thing or is it just virtual visiting. Did find this definition but it does not make any sense to me:

We always seem to do this it helps you discover whee your staying and can prove cheaper than visitng and paying for all those local attractions.

:rolleyes:

Seen this term Geo Holiday but can't work out exactly what it means - is it an actual thing or is it just virtual visiting. Did find this definition but it does not make any sense to me:

We always seem to do this it helps you discover whee your staying and can prove cheaper than visitng and paying for all those local attractions.

:rolleyes:

When we go on a geo holiday we go to a different area to cache. We usually camp so that's cheaper. Caching takes us to see things we wouldn' see unless we were looking for caches so in that sense you learn more about an area than you might if you just did the 'usual' things all tourists do in an area. And visiting caches is free so it is much cheaper than paying for local tours etc. <_<

Yup, what WillStew said!

I've never heard the term but would interpret it as choosing a vacation area specificallly for the geocaching opportunities while there.

Is that one of those you say potato and I say potahto things? :rolleyes: You say vacation I say holiday.

GeoHoliday is a vacation club and in no way related to GeoCaching. According to the buzz on the interenet you really need to know what you are getting in to before you sign on. I think it is simular to the Timeshare concept.

I would think it would be any vacation or holiday where geocaching will play a major role in the roster of activities, as in " I went to Munich in April on a geo-holiday, found a bunch of geocaches, and also drank some really good beer while I was there." :rolleyes:

Edited by Metaphor

I would think it would be any vacation or holiday where geocaching will play a major role in the roster of activities, as in " I went to Munich in April on a geo-holiday, found a bunch of geocaches, and also drank some really good beer while I was there." :rolleyes:

Did someone say BEER?

I would think it would be any vacation or holiday where geocaching will play a major role in the roster of activities, as in " I went to Munich in April on a geo-holiday, found a bunch of geocaches, and also drank some really good beer while I was there." ;)

Did someone say BEER?

I think it's "holiday" in the UK sense (i.e. vacation), rather than how it's used in the US.

Be very very careful Geoholiday is indeed a vacation club Thisa is taken from there web site:

"Welcome to the GeoHoliday Vacation Club.

GeoHoliday is a unique type of 'savings' account that ensures that you and your family will ALWAYS have access to accommodations in some of the finest areas on Earth."

When we go on a geo holiday we go to a different area to cache. We usually camp so that's cheaper. Caching takes us to see things we wouldn't see unless we were looking for caches so in that sense you learn more about an area than you might if you just did the 'usual' things all tourists do in an area. And visiting caches is free so it is much cheaper than paying for local tours etc. ;)

Great definition and many thanks to all those who have contributed their thoughts. I did stumble upon the Canadian time share company which had added to my original confusion. My befuddlement wasn't helped by a series of GeoCache-Glossaries which had entries like "see here for a great definition only to take me to the next with a similar reference. I did try GeoLex which would normally work but not in this case.

Anyway summers here, kids are off school so it must be time for a Geo-Holiday. ;)