Not A Biggie . . . But Could "discovered It" Icon Be Different

Miragee

I realize this is not a big deal, but today as I post my "Found It" logs for the caches I found yesterday, I am also posting "Discovered It" logs for TBs and Coins I saw during the day.

I am nearing a Milestone, so I was counting the number of "Smileys" on My Account page so I would know exactly which cache would be the Milestone cache.

I got confused since the "Discovered It" logs had the same icon as the "Found It" logs. :D

Since the TBs and Coins you retrieve or place have a different icon, it would be cool if the "Discovered It" icon could be different from icon_smile.gif.

Maybe instead of the picked_up.gif or the dropped_off.gif, it could a TB tag with a different background color like green or blue.

Does anyone else see the benefit of such a change?

TIA

I realize this is not a big deal, but today as I post my "Found It" logs for the caches I found yesterday, I am also posting "Discovered It" logs for TBs and Coins I saw during the day.

I am nearing a Milestone, so I was counting the number of "Smileys" on My Account page so I would know exactly which cache would be the Milestone cache.

I got confused since the "Discovered It" logs had the same icon as the "Found It" logs. :D

Since the TBs and Coins you retrieve or place have a different icon, it would be cool if the "Discovered It" icon could be different from icon_smile.gif.

Maybe instead of the picked_up.gif or the dropped_off.gif, it could a TB tag with a different background color like green or blue.

Does anyone else see the benefit of such a change?

TIA

I guess I don't see a reason for a change, since everything's already totaled on the profile page. Why are you manually counting things?

Well, like I said, I was confused . . . :D

I was looking at the total given in my Stats bar, and then I totalled the number of smileys. Then I looked at the Stats bar on my blog, which had not been refreshed for a few days, and the numbers didn't add up. :D

With the recent changes in the Stat bar this week, where the code was changed and it went missing from other locations from the My Account page, I thought at first it was somehow not updating correctly.

Only then did I notice the "Discovered It" smiley was the same as the "Found It" smiley. :D

Normally I would never have so many Discovered Its after a day of caching, but I was fortunate to find a cache loaded with coins last night. :D

My own crude attempt at artistry (which explains why I'm not quitting my day job anytime soon :D):

discovered.gif

Vague thoughts perambulating through my brainpan were to combine the up/down arrows ("discovered" being sort of a "picked it up, put it right back down" thing), with a different arrow color ("green" == "safe/good/etc") to make it stand out a bit from the existing icons:

picked_up.gif Picked up

dropped_off.gif Dropped off

transfer.gif Grabbed

discovered.gif Discovered ???

Okay, actually my first thought was to make a pair of eyeballs looking at the TB tag, but getting something like that working down in the 16x16 pixel size range was waaaaay beyond my cut'n'paste skill level. :)

My own crude attempt at artistry (which explains why I'm not quitting my day job anytime soon :)):

discovered.gif

Vague thoughts perambulating through my brainpan were to combine the up/down arrows ("discovered" being sort of a "picked it up, put it right back down" thing), with a different arrow color ("green" == "safe/good/etc") to make it stand out a bit from the existing icons:

picked_up.gif Picked up

dropped_off.gif Dropped off

transfer.gif Grabbed

discovered.gif Discovered ???

Okay, actually my first thought was to make a pair of eyeballs looking at the TB tag, but getting something like that working down in the 16x16 pixel size range was waaaaay beyond my cut'n'paste skill level. :D

Think this is a good idea! Blends well, but yet is clear what it is!

discovered1.gif

Oooh, I really like the green checkmark idea! More intuitive than my up+down arrow - "Checked on your TB", "Check, TB present and accounted for, sir!", "TB inventory time: Bob the Bug? Check. Tilly the Traveler? Check. Hank the Hitchhiker? Check.", etc etc etc. :)

This was about to drop off the front page and since we didn't get any input from someone who could make this change, or comment on the possibility, I thought I would give the topic a little bump. :laughing:

Since two coins I retrieved and then released "back into the wild" were stolen right after I put them in a challenging Puzzle cache, I will only be using the "Discovered It" option in the future.

I don't ever again want to be the last person to move a coin before its disappearance. It is too painful . . . :o

Well . . . with the numerous posts about PQs and missing email :) , this thread did drop off the front page and, I really would appreciate this little change. B)

Just today I accidentally posted a "Discovered" it log for a TB I had already moved. I wanted to delete that log, but I couldn't find it at a glance since its little icon_smile.gif looked like all the other icon_smile.gif for my cache "Found It" logs. :)

I know there are a lot more critical issues right now, but some input would be appreciated. whistle.gif

If you are still trying to get a count of TB's/Coins Discovered or Grabbed, etc, go to My Account, then click on "Bugs" just above the logs, then if you click on "Discovered It" and it will show how many bugs/coins you discovered. If you want to get how many you grabbed, you have to add "Grab it (not from a cache)" plus "Retrieve it from a cache". Hope this helps save you from doing a bunch of counting!

Very, very cool!! anim_bounce.gif I just checked "My Account" and saw this neat little icon next to the coins and TBs I "Discovered." icon_discovered.gif

Thank you!! notworthy.gif

By the time I stumbled upon this thread, your feature request was already implemented. :(

Great suggestion, as it logically and visually separates TB and cache "transactions" in the My Accounts Details page.