Uk Travel Bug Graveyard

I own a TB dog tag that I have acticvated but since lost! It is permanently in my inventory. I suppose I could put it in this cache and it would then disappear from my list? Could that be the reason?

And of course, then there are TBS that get muggled. They could be put in this 'virtual graveyard?'

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Not really, since you can choose to move it to an unknown location which removes it from your inventory. But I suppose that feature might not have been available when the cache was approved.

Does seem very daft to have an active cache for the purpose though. Surely it could be archived and still serve the same purpose.

Not really, since you can choose to move it to an unknown location which removes it from your inventory. But I suppose that feature might not have been available when the cache was approved.

Does seem very daft to have an active cache for the purpose though. Surely it could be archived and still serve the same purpose.

I have to agree.

I feel sorry for those cachers whom have this cache at the top of their nearest lists knowing that it will never disappear

As one of those for whom this is the first unfound cache west of our base in Norfolk, I don't mind the UK Travel Bug Graveyard, what perhaps is more peeving is that all those Yellow Bellys have left a great big empty space in the southeastern quarter of their county with only the one cache in it. :blink:

In a way its just another concept cache, except that in order to be able to log it as a find you have to own a TB which is missing in action. I'm sure for lots of cachers this is a much easier ask than a Level 5 cryptic puzzle cache. I asume that morsemancreated the cache as two of his TBs went MIA around this time.

The cache has been active for 3 years in which time 156 cachers have visited it (most of them only virtually) and 23 people are watching it, so it has a lot more satisfied customers than most caches. In fact if this were a regular Traditional cache it would be in the top 1% of most visited caches in the UK on equal 90th most visited with Dr Beeching's Legacy GCGJK3.

From memory, the unknown location was not originally an option, therefore the TB Graveyards were invented, to over come clutter on profiles. Its an historic thing.

In a way its just another concept cache, except that in order to be able to log it as a find you have to own a TB which is missing in action. I'm sure for lots of cachers this is a much easier ask than a Level 5 cryptic puzzle cache.

You can't actually log it as a find as your log will be immediately deleted. It's only actually there to place notes and drop TB's that are MIA or too damaged to continue on their mission. :P

From memory, the unknown location was not originally an option, therefore the TB Graveyards were invented, to over come clutter on profiles. Its an historic thing.

Moote is entirely correct.

Unless your TB was so special you could never ever replace it, I am inclined to the view that there is no need for TB graveyards. You still have the TB number, so you can easily make a replacement, attach it to a similar item and send it out into the big wide world again. If I were cynical I would incline to the view that TB graveyards were invented by Groundspeak to sell more TB tags... but I am not, of course, so instead I guess I should picture inconsolable weeping cachers laying their beloved irreplaceable TBs to rest.

If you have a TB MIA and you’ve had your funeral, but suddenly it reappears what happens then? Is it business as usual?

Yes, because whoever finds it: say in another cache, by the side of the road (or even on ebay :laughing: ) they can grab it and then drop it into another cache.

I think they are a neat idea, although it might be nice if they were completely locationless.......

If you have a TB MIA and you’ve had your funeral, but suddenly it reappears what happens then? Is it business as usual?

Yes, because whoever finds it: say in another cache, by the side of the road (or even on ebay :laughing: ) they can grab it and then drop it into another cache.

Thanks Boardslider. I'm guessing you found one of yours on ebay????????????? Now thats what I call a cache or cash!

Edited by Major Trek & Co

Yes, because whoever finds it: say in another cache, by the side of the road (or even on ebay :( ) they can grab it and then drop it into another cache.

Thanks Boardslider. I'm guessing you found one of yours on ebay????????????? Now thats what I call a cache or cash!

Boardslider. how did you get your TB back that you found on Ebay? Did you actually buy it back or did you use 'other' means? :(

Yes, because whoever finds it: say in another cache, by the side of the road (or even on ebay :( ) they can grab it and then drop it into another cache.

No, but some turned up there recently. I have a TB in the boneyard though - it went MIA before even getting started :(

You still have the TB number, so you can easily make a replacement, attach it to a similar item and send it out into the big wide world again

Ali, this form of cloning is surely unethical...

<_<

If it was, why would they provide a copy tag, eh clever clogs?!!!

bait? what bait?!! <_<

If it was, why would they provide a copy tag, eh clever clogs?!!!

Bait? You know me too well Ali!

I thought the duplicate tag was to stick round your neck on the chain so you looked cool. Worked at first, but after a dozen or so the dragon indoors says I look like a right chav now :D

<_<<_<:mad:

I treat my TB tag as unique to my bug/mascot, if he's lost, he's lost for ever - no reincarnation.

PS. Actually, I suppose TB graveyard isn't strictly the correct title as there is no corpse... perhaps a 'TB memorial park' would be more apt? But I digress and am rambling....

It's the heat :o

Jon