Can't Get This Code! Please Help!

Ok, I'm trying to figure out the papa/november cache in 44004 by phil/nichole. They're good! I don'y understand the use of geotools to decipher the code of rtltnls fsrfpfk. I've researched GIS and Java script until I thought my eyes were going to bleed! Please tell my I'm making this too hard! Thanks in advance for some guidance!

Generally, its considered bad form to give clues to someone else's cache in the forums.

The best thing to do is to throw yourself on the mercy of the cache owner. If that doesn't work, see if you know anyone who has found it and beg them to give you a clue.

If these ideas don't work for you, do what I do with really hard puzzle caches. Ignore them.

Edited by sbell111

Generally, its considered bad form to give clues to someone else's cache in the forums.

The best thing to do is to throw yourself on the mercy of the cache owner. If that doesn't work, see if you know anyone who has found it and beg them to give you a clue.

If these ideas don't work for you, do what I do with really hard puzzle caches. Ignore them.

Oh geesh you make me feel bad! :D I don't want someone to hold my hand and tell me where to pick it up at! I just wanted to know if Geotools is GIS or is it Java or is it some type of shovel or what! Anyways, I've seen actual pictures of caches and locations in the forums. Why isn't that considered bad form? Tragically, no one has found this cache yet so there is no one to ask and I don't like to run to the owners right off the bat. And I've all ready put too much time into this to ignore it! It's PERSONAL now!!!! :D

Oh geesh you make me feel bad! :D I don't want someone to hold my hand and tell me where to pick it up at! I just wanted to know if Geotools is GIS or is it Java or is it some type of shovel or what! Anyways, I've seen actual pictures of caches and locations in the forums. Why isn't that considered bad form? Tragically, no one has found this cache yet so there is no one to ask and I don't like to run to the owners right off the bat. And I've all ready put too much time into this to ignore it! It's PERSONAL now!!!! :D

It was not my intention to hurt your feelings.

Overwhelmingly, the pics of caches that you find in the forums were placed by the cache owner.

For advice about using specific software, you might want to try the 'GPS Units and Software' section of the forum.

Good luck.

I looked up papa/november (GCWYXE) and saw the reference that they made to "geotools". I too am fairly new to geocaching and would like to know if this term has a specific meaning? Thanks for posting a good question.

edit: typo

Edited by Maxima

Almost every time somebody comes into the forums asking for help on a puzzle cache the first answer is:

- Don't look for answers/help/hints in the forum

- Ask the cache owner

This is considered proper form, you don't have to like it but there it is.

I think the term "geotools" just means you need to use your wits and whatever you can think of to solve this one. Google is almost always a good place to start.

If it helps any I am having trouble with this puzzle too. I am not convinced the puzzle is well-formed, that there is enough information to correctly solve it. I have *most* of it solved but I can't see any way to get the rest.

Right Then Left Take Next Left Stop Find Stump Remove Fake PoopFind Kache.

Ah...I had an idea that the first part was Right then left but that's all the further I got! So was this some code or was it just a common knowledge thing or what? Nice job though anyways! Are you a whiz at counting toothpicks also? :D

as the cache owner i can say that all info is given on the cache page to find the cache

"geotools" is any tool meant to be used to help geocache ie: flashlight, rope, compass, multi tool, twezzers well you get the ideal

i had planned on placing a hint after first to find or two weeks which ever comes first

cache on

phil/nichole

as the cache owner i can say that all info is given on the cache page to find the cache"geotools" is any tool meant to be used to help geocache ie: flashlight, rope, compass, multi tool, twezzers well you get the ideal

Without a hint, that one is going to be very, very hard. I recognized the code right away, but only because of some very specific background I happen to have.

Without a hint, that's a 4 or 4.5-star puzzle, in my opinion.

Edited by fizzymagic

Has the code in the description on the cache page been changed since posted and brought to this thread?

Yeah. When I solved it, I noticed a potential problem and contacted the owner, who fixed it.

Hey thanks for taking the time to look at that and work it out. It makes me feel better since I was getting no where fast with it! We're going to keep working on it but I don't know how far we'll get especially if it could be at least a four star difficulty and codes aren't really my deal. I wish I hadn't spent so much time on the wrong clue but hey, the big picture is we're all chasing tupperware in the woods and it's just great no matter how much time I spend on it! Thanks! :D

as the cache owner i can say that all info is given on the cache page to find the cache"geotools" is any tool meant to be used to help geocache ie: flashlight, rope, compass, multi tool, twezzers well you get the ideal

Without a hint, that one is going to be very, very hard. I recognized the code right away, but only because of some very specific background I happen to have.

Without a hint, that's a 4 or 4.5-star puzzle, in my opinion.

So is it too much of a hint to ask what background you have that allowed you to see a code here? The stuff I've been trying just hasn't really been working out. I think I need to set it aside for the night and take a fresh look in the morning. :laughing:

Has the code in the description on the cache page been changed since posted and brought to this thread?

From my observation it was rtltnls fsrfpfk and is now rtlsspm fslttpl but the cache owner has stated

a mistake was made on this cache but it was fixed and never affected the puzzle