Unlisted Cache

RosanaE

My sons and I are newbies - they are into 'pirate treasure'. We were able to find an area nearby with 10-15 caches along a jogging path. We were searching for a series and found one whose name (and location) was not shown on the computer list. Is this normal? Is there a procedure for this?

It could be a premium member only cache which you wouldn't be able to see since you're not a premium member yet. :unsure:

Non-premium members wouldn't be able to see the listing page, but the cache would still show up on the "nearest caches" page.

It could also be a cache that's been archived, but not retrieved.

Edited by IV_Warrior

My sons and I are newbies - they are into 'pirate treasure'. We were able to find an area nearby with 10-15 caches along a jogging path. We were searching for a series and found one whose name (and location) was not shown on the computer list. Is this normal? Is there a procedure for this?

There were a large number of caches in a very small area. The name of the cache was 'Tarantula'. We thought it was part of a series but we did locate others that seemed to 'match' very close by. Yes, it could be a Premium Member cache, but even for the basic members they are listed but not shown. None were listed in this area.

There were a large number of caches in a very small area. The name of the cache was 'Tarantula'. We thought it was part of a series but we did locate others that seemed to 'match' very close by. Yes, it could be a Premium Member cache, but even for the basic members they are listed but not shown. None were listed in this area.

It could be a cache that has been hidden but not submitted yet...