Wrong Travel Bug Information In Pq

papatom2

This has been happening for three weeks now. I get a PQ and load it into GSAK. I look at the caches with T bugs and then do a search. The bug does not exist! At lest the ref. number in the PQ does not. When I go to the cache page and click the bug name I do get a page But the ref number there is different.

EXAMPLE:::

Cache Name => The Narrows waypoint: GCBA2D

Has Travel Bug Name => Have a little faith (ref = TB14253)

I looked at the PQ and the ref number does came from GC.com and not modified by GSAK.

Do a search on TB14253 and get ::: This travel bug hasn't been activated. Activate it now.

Go to GCBA2D and click the T bug :::::: Have a little faith and we get the page for this bug BUT the page says to ::: Use TBGHMP to reference this travel bug.

Looks like something wrong with the PQs. Anybody else having this problem?

Edited by papatom2

Was hopeing to get some confermation by now. So I downloaded WATCHER and then got the above cache and I have the same results with WATCHER as I have with GSAK.

Now this is not ALL TBs but some - and GC.com is definitly sending wrong TB ref. IDs.

I can give more caches that have wrong Tb names. LIKE Quackers the Duck (ref = TB1C1BA) in 'Lil Hawk Crag The real ref is TBHMJT for TB Quackers the Duck .

Edited by papatom2

Sorry, Got distracted and forgot to follow through.

PQ - GASK

Shuttle Columbia (ref = TB10718)

Quackers the Duck (ref = TB1C1BA)

hmmm seeing this on quite a few of them. the link does connect to the correct page.

It's in the raw data.

</Groundspeak:travelbug>

<Groundspeak:travelbug id="115130" ref="TB1C1BA">

<Groundspeak:name>Quackers the Duck</Groundspeak:name>

Edited by BlueDeuce
It's in the raw data.

</Groundspeak:travelbug>

<Groundspeak:travelbug id="115130" ref="TB1C1BA">

<Groundspeak:name>Quackers the Duck</Groundspeak:name>

I see the problem. The PQ generator is converting 115130 using hex instead of base31, resulting in 0x1C1BA where base31 equates to HMJT as shown on the travel bug page.

Where's Raine? :laughing:

We delayed the release as we were adding some other "features" together and wanted to do some proper testing before unleashing it on the public :wub:

I noticed the TB/geocoin pages look slightly different. So is the original problem of this topic fixed?

edit: spelling

Edited by Shilo