Getting Caches Reviewed?

Labrador Retriever

:ph34r: I was under the impression that it only took 36-72 hours to get a cache review. I logged a new cache for review a week ago and I haven’t heard a thing about it since. Is there any one out there having the same trouble or is the cache tech that is supposed to reviewing my caches asleep at the wheel.

Down in our neck of the woods they get to them very quickly, and maybe a week is excessive, but please be patient and just remember these reviewers are volunteers, with work, lives and families just like you. Sometimes priorities of life take precedence over a past time. I'm sure they will get to your cache. To keep the wheels of progress in motion it's better to use grease than sand

Team_Zigbot

Lots of things can be going on.

First your reviewer is a volunteer. They get to caches as they can. Vacations, Work, Family Emergencies can all come up. Plus they can get flat out swamped with new caches.

Second, sometimes the reviewer has actually looked at your cache and posted a question as a reviewer note that you didn't see. Look at your cache page and check for the note. If you missed it and your reviewer was waiting for an answer to the question then the cache can have it's approval delayed.

I could have gone away for the weekend (made it a long weekend, took a few days extra off from work) was expecting to have internet access at the campground (or so I was told this one had free wireless to my surprise, found out otherwise), but all in all it was a relaxing weekend. I am home now and hope to be able to catch up quickly, welcome to summer, I like to get out caching too :ph34r: Most times I keep the queue cleaned up, but expect a wait once in awhile when I escape.

First your reviewer is a volunteer. They get to caches as they can. Vacations, Work, Family Emergencies can all come up. Plus they can get flat out swamped with new caches.

Second, sometimes the reviewer has actually looked at your cache and posted a question as a reviewer note that you didn't see. Look at your cache page and check for the note. If you missed it and your reviewer was waiting for an answer to the question then the cache can have it's approval delayed.

No, I check to see if the cache tech had left a note. I guess he/she is too busy to get to it.

No, I check to see if the cache tech had left a note. I guess he/she is too busy to get to it.

did you see his response immediately above your reply. I think his reasons are quite valid. And Cache tech, leave your laptop at home when you go camping... what were you thinking?

bwmick

I too was waiting about 5 days to be reviewed but I am patient :ph34r:

Besides they do have lives too and it gives my watery footprints a chance to disappear from around the cache ! :ph34r:

Keep up the good work all of you cache volunteers!!

Edited by Jayloki