Explorist 210

Where are you seeing that $100.00 deal? Wherever it is, you'd better grab it quick. :D:D:D

$30 mail-in rebate. I just bought a 210 from Amazon 2 weeks ago and sent in the rebate today. It's still $155 before the rebate. I suspect the OP's $100 price is after the $30 rebate and after signing up for the Amazon credit card, which gives you another discount.

Where are you seeing that $100.00 deal? Wherever it is, you'd better grab it quick. :D:D:blink:

$30 mail-in rebate. I just bought a 210 from Amazon 2 weeks ago and sent in the rebate today. It's still $155 before the rebate. I suspect the OP's $100 price is after the $30 rebate and after signing up for the Amazon credit card, which gives you another discount.

Yep that's right. I was planning on just signed up for the credit card and cancelling it right after :D

Where are you seeing that $100.00 deal? Wherever it is, you'd better grab it quick. :laughing::ph34r::laughing:

Yep that's right. I was planning on just signed up for the credit card and cancelling it right after :laughing:

Amazon just dropped their price to 125.95 before the rebate - I'm in.

Dang it. I just paid $150 at Amazon a month ago. At least I'm still getting the $30 rebate.

Haha, I just did that too and thought I was getting the best deal! Oh well, I've been having a lot of fun with it in these last few weeks :laughing:

I have a question though, how is everyone downloading their coordinates into the GPSr. I've used the included geocaching software, which is handy, but I'm still copy/pasting everything about the cache into the program before uploading. Is there a way to skip this and put the info directly onto my GPSr without having to copy? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

I also use GSAK but it does not easily interface with the 210 so...

I export my GSAK file to Magellan Geocache which can then easily download the material to a file on your 210.

You go to: file/ export / magellan explorist and SD card (doesn't matter if you don't have the card.) then save the file.

Next open the file in Magellan Geocache and download.

best

I export my GSAK file to Magellan Geocache which can then easily download the material to a file on your 210.

You go to: file/ export / magellan explorist and SD card (doesn't matter if you don't have the card.) then save the file.

best

It may take a little bit of effort and figuring things out to get GSAK configured to send the file to the right folder. But once you do, GSAK works very nicely with Explorists.

The Geocache Mangager is a fine way to get started, and may even serve the needs of many users well enough. But if you ever feel like you've outgrown it, GSAK is the generally preferred step up.

Dang it. I just paid $150 at Amazon a month ago. At least I'm still getting the $30 rebate.

Haha, I just did that too and thought I was getting the best deal! Oh well, I've been having a lot of fun with it in these last few weeks :huh:

I have a question though, how is everyone downloading their coordinates into the GPSr. I've used the included geocaching software, which is handy, but I'm still copy/pasting everything about the cache into the program before uploading. Is there a way to skip this and put the info directly onto my GPSr without having to copy? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

if it's been less than thirty days, go here http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect...d-refunds.html/ and request a refund of the difference - they won't have any trouble giving you the difference back! I do it all the time...a buck here, twenty bucks there...

best

You can just use GSAK export file and put the 210 file location in and skip the extra 'download' step. Click the save to file icon and navagate to the USB drive the 210 is on. Just be sure the required format is 'explorist geocache'.

Edited by wzd