Call For A Cache At Old Royal Observatory - Zero Meridian

Being on holiday in London and being a Geocacher I had to visit the Old Royal Observatory which is in Greenwich and lay my hands on the Zero Meridian between East and West.

But what did I discover: Zero Meridian is at W 000 00.090 !!!

I've got photos to prove it!

Geocachers from London - that's a challenge! This place is in need for a cache!

I would have set up a virtual if it would be still possible, unfortunately it is not.

By the way: I would like to thank everyone for hiding caches in London - some of the micros were a total new experience for me! I especially would like to thank geocachers for caches like London letterbox and TB Xchange.

To hide a cache like that is really a challenge! :laughing:

Being on holiday in London and being a Geocacher I had to visit the Old Royal Observatory which is in Greenwich and lay my hands on the Zero Meridian between East and West.

I would have set up a virtual if it would be still possible, unfortunately it is not.

By the way: I would like to thank everyone for hiding caches in London - some of the micros were a total new experience for me! I especially would like to thank geocachers for caches like London letterbox and TB Xchange.

There is a virtual - you'll need your photo - and you have to tell them why it isn't at zero by email :laughing:

There is a virtual - you'll need your photo - and you have to tell them why it isn't at zero by email :laughing:

Good job you posted i was just about to say why !

Sorry didn't know that! I did a pocket query of 200 caches in Central London and had it loaded on Cachemate.

Greenwich was not on the list - I guess it was too far out!

Thank you for the notice! I will post my log.

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I thought there is no cache there and I was wrong! I should have extented the pocket query to 500 caches around London (I looked for 200), therefore this nice one was not on the list.

After all I managed to log this cache, because I took the relavant photos.

London Geocachers take my apologies! And thanks again for all your caches!

This thread can now be closed.