Annoyed At Google Earth

bennyk

Moving to appropriate forum

Thanks. Yes I upgraded to Plus, and when I choose to download from the CX it says "Downloading from 'usb:'..." and just sits there.

Anyway, I believe it's because the new models are not supported, I was just hoping someone got this to work.

Sounds like the google earth forums have not gotten it to work either.

If I remember correctly Google Earth uses GPSBabel to handle the GPS functions. Robert is working on a version of GPSBabel that will work with the new Garmin units.

The GSAK beta version uses the new GPSBabel as they are beta testing it for him.

I don't know for sure if it will work but you might try to download the beta version of GSAK. Then copy the GPSBabel files into the Google Earth directory. This might work but I don't know for sure.

To confirm, Earth 4.0 supports a trainload of Garmin receivers, including the one mentioned.

How do you get GE 4.0 Beta? I have GE Plus Version 3.0 and it says no updates are available.

Also will GE 4.0 allow one to copy a path created in GE to a 60cx as either a track or a route? I've been hand editing the KML files into a GPX file to do that. Last I heard GPSBabel would not handle KML files. I'm using V2.2.21 of the GUI version. Is a later version available? Due to age and eyesite it's very difficult for me to use the command line version.

To confirm, Earth 4.0 supports a trainload of Garmin receivers, including the one mentioned.

How do you get GE 4.0 Beta? I have GE Plus Version 3.0 and it says no updates are available.

Look at the top of the Earth web page at http://earth.google.com/
Also will GE 4.0 allow one to copy a path created in GE to a 60cx as either a track or a route?
Earth does not allow writing to GPSes in any way.
Last I heard GPSBabel would not handle KML files. I'm using V2.2.21 of the GUI version. Is a later version available? Due to age and eyesite it's very difficult for me to use the command line version.
That would be false; Earth itself comes with GPSBabel for receiver communications and a few other imports.

Look at the top of the Earth web page at http://earth.google.com/
Also will GE 4.0 allow one to copy a path created in GE to a 60cx as either a track or a route?
Earth does not allow writing to GPSes in any way.
Last I heard GPSBabel would not handle KML files. I'm using V2.2.21 of the GUI version. Is a later version available? Due to age and eyesite it's very difficult for me to use the command line version.
That would be false; Earth itself comes with GPSBabel for receiver communications and a few other imports.

Well Bob, it was you that told me that it was not handling KML files correctly????? That was abot 5 months ago. None of my KML files would work, at least with the GUI version of Babel. Also, I have never figured out how to get later releases of Babel, if any. Is V2.2.21 the latest?

It is still a beta version, so it has not been fully released yet. If you go the the Google Earth web site, you will find the option to try out 4.