Gps Advice

sensfan

Hi,

I'm new to geocaching and borrowed my buddy's Garmin 60CS for my first few finds. I gave it back to him and now am in the market for a GPS. Only problem is, I don't feel like spending a mint on a GPS. I don't really need one with all the bells and whistles.

I'm looking to spend no more than $200 Can. on one. Any suggestions folks?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to geocaching and borrowed my buddy's Garmin 60CS for my first few finds. I gave it back to him and now am in the market for a GPS. Only problem is, I don't feel like spending a mint on a GPS. I don't really need one with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks

I have a 60CS and a Legend, The Legend is great and one of the most common amongst cachers I've met.

Murfster

Hi,

Thanks

If you don't mind ordering online, GPSCentral.ca has the eXplorist 210 for around $195 Cdn, plus there's an additional $30USD rebate until July. The only drawback may be waiting months (literally) for the rebate. I had a $50 USD rebate on my eXplorist 500, mailed it in Jan, and just received it at the end of May.

Scott

All you need is two things... "Distance to location" and "Direction of location"

The rest is just enhancing the options. This could also be called 'making it much easier'

I would recommend that you select one with some method of computer connectivity. This is useful for updating your GPS as well as transferring waypoints in and out. But this too is not absolutely necessary either.

Your price range is well suited to a starting Magellan or Garmin... and both have advantages, as I saw today LOL.

Welcome to the fun!

<_< The Blue Quasar

All you need is two things... "Distance to location" and "Direction of location"

On my older model I just have current location. I have found a few geocaches with it but I don't recommend the mental workout involved just to determine your direction!

:)