Garmin Gpsmap 60cs Gps

I saw that deal just yesterday. Anyone using this, and if so, what do you think?

I am looking to get my first GPS to start geocaching. I have been researching units for all of 3 days, so any tips (PM) would be much appreciated as well. I want to keep myself from impulse buying, so I'm staying out of the stores tonight.

I saw that deal just yesterday. Anyone using this, and if so, what do you think?

I am looking to get my first GPS to start geocaching. I have been researching units for all of 3 days, so any tips (PM) would be much appreciated as well. I want to keep myself from impulse buying, so I'm staying out of the stores tonight.

I have one and like very much. The only thing I wish it had, electronic compass!! But I can live without. :(

Edited by 1stsgt

I have one and like very much. The only thing I wish it had, electronic compass!! But I can live without. :(

aww, i thought it had one. eh, for the savings though, i guess i'll just have to buy one.

Well if it is a GPSmap 60cs it does have electronic compass. At least mine does!

Also that is a good Price! I've had mine for over a year now, and still enjoy it!

Yet to decide to Upgrade to the GPSmap 60csx!

Heck if you have the Money It would for sure make a great first GPS for Geocaching!

Get some Mapping Software for it, and you will be all set!

Good Luck!

Well if it is a GPSmap 60cs it does have electronic compass. At least mine does!

Also that is a good Price! I've had mine for over a year now, and still enjoy it!

Heck if you have the Money It would for sure make a great first GPS for Geocaching!

Good Luck!

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the CS and the CX?

The 60cx is the Newer Model to the 60cs. The major difference it has a Mini SD Card slot for More Memory expansion. Also I think a more refined receiver for better satalite reception.

I know it is confusing! There is the 60c, and the 60cs. Then now there is the 60cx, and the 60csx.

The difference between them is the 60cs, and the 60csx has the electronic compass, and a few more extras.

Edited by Scott-N8ZUS

Good Luck!

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between the CS and the CX?

The "S" stands for Sensors. It means that the unit has an electronic compass and an altimiter.

The difference between them is the 60cs, and the 60csx has the electronic compass, and a few more extras.

Correction: The 60 CS has a compass as well. The CSX, beside a few other updates, is basically the CS with the ability to put maps on a additional memory stick

The difference between the CS and the C is the CS has some extra sensros that (FLAME SUIT ON) I dare you to find a geocacher near you that uses them. I have the 60CS.

I have owned a couple 60C’s, a 60CS and a 60CSX. I use one of the “sensors” every time I geocache. That is the “electronic” compass. They work great as long as you keep them calibrated. The expandable memory is great in the “X” models, but I bought a 60CSX for the awesome reception of the SiRF chipset.

I have owned a couple 60C’s, a 60CS and a 60CSX. I use one of the “sensors” every time I geocache. That is the “electronic” compass. They work great as long as you keep them calibrated. The expandable memory is great in the “X” models, but I bought a 60CSX for the awesome reception of the SiRF chipset.

(sorry, new)

What's the "SiRF chipset"? and why is it so wizzbang?

To keep it simple, it’s kind of like adding a supercharger to your GPSr. The SiRF chip set processes satellite signals a whole lot faster than other GPSr’s resulting in a better calculation of weak signal. The end result is a GPSr that can work indoors. My office is a cider block building within a steel building and I can still get a weak fix with about 70’ accuracy. Any other of the 23 or 24 GPSr’s (I can’t keep count anymore) that I’ve owned, lost their fix as soon as you walk in the steel building.