Calling All Memory Map Users

Hi Guys,

A couple of questions for MM users:-

How do I get MM to keep my position in the middle of the screen - I'm fed up of having to move the map after I've driven off one side.

Also, I've just come back from Switzerland - I could not get my Mio to hook onto satellites and locate its position - is that possible without a map of the local area??

Thanks all,

David

Like "Rutson" said... click on the padlock. You should see that at the bottom of the display on your PDA.

I am not usre about having to have a map visible to get a position to display in MM. Did you manage to "see" satellites in any other apps? WHen moving a lengthy distance with the GPS turned off it can take a while longer to get a lock.

Hi Guys,

A couple of questions for MM users:-

How do I get MM to keep my position in the middle of the screen - I'm fed up of having to move the map after I've driven off one side.

Also, I've just come back from Switzerland - I could not get my Mio to hook onto satellites and locate its position - is that possible without a map of the local area??

Thanks all,

David

Rutson and Master Marinor have it spot on regards keeping the position in the middle of the screen. You can also drag the "locked" position around the screen if necessary to give a better map view :laughing:

As far as not getting a position without a map - you will (as far as I know) need a map of the area to get a "lock". However, I think that you should still be able to get a position reading from your setup.

Edited by Nediam

I hope that you dont mind me asking a question in this thread but it is about MM.

I am trying to export data from GSAK and import into MM but get a message saying I carnt because It is not a Pro version and cannot use those functions.

Can anybody shed any light on this for me?

I hope that you dont mind me asking a question in this thread but it is about MM.

I am trying to export data from GSAK and import into MM but get a message saying I carnt because It is not a Pro version and cannot use those functions.

Somebody else had the same problem very recently. It turned out that their version of MM wasn't up to date and all they had to do was install the update (available through the "Web" "check for updates" on the tool bar). If you are still stuck let us know or contact the memory map support bods (they are very good :sad: )

Edited by Nediam

Are you trying to import into MM on a PDA ?

This does need the pro version of MM. You need to import into the desktop version of MM, and then transfer the waypoints to the PDA from there. If it isnt this, what file type are you exporting from GSAK?

Edited by The Royles

Is this option to centre and lock the map available to version 4 or is it version 5 only. i have not seen a padlock in 4.

I use version 4 and it's on mine :sad:

It's a small, yellowy/gold coloured icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the PDA screen near the right hand side.

As indicated by the red arrow :o

MMPDA.jpg

Nediam,

Thanks for the info on the padlock, that will teach me to read instructions.

No problem, hope it helped ;)

I started to read the instructions when I first got it, but found trial and error worked much better :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Nediam

Are you trying to import into MM on a PDA ?

This does need the pro version of MM. You need to import into the desktop version of MM, and then transfer the waypoints to the PDA from there. If it isnt this, what file type are you exporting from GSAK?

I tried to get a "Pro" version of MM last year. I received a reply saying that "The Pro Licence is not available in the UK due to OS licencing restrictions". I frequently pass maps and data betwenn my PC and PDA without a problem. If I go to Help|About the About Window says "Pro features: disabled" with all other options set to "YES". Version is 5.0.6, Build 682.

Related to memory map I had a problem downloading cache information / description to MM via GSAK. The referenced response in the GSAK forum showed me the way ! I now click on the cache icon on my pda and view the cache description complete with latest logs.

I now only use MM and do not bother with the dedicated programs for viewing cache info.

Peter

http://www.gsak.net/board/index.php?showto...indpost&p=10792