Eeyore's Big Five 0 Day Out Event

Due to popular demand I am starting a new topic about the event.

Thanks for all your support and supportive emails on the subject.

Both Mark and I are really looking forward to meeting up with you all in Llangollen on the 19th August.

Confirmed bookings to date for the 2 hour Canal Boat Trip over the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (received deposits or full payments)

John Stead 4 Adults

Guess Who 3 Adults

Yorky Pudding 2 Adults

DcCow 4 Adults

Mollyjak 2 Adults

Peace Star and Rivyspike 2 Adults

Mancunian Pyrocacher 4 Adults

Please see the Event page for full information on the Event and the boat trip. If you would like to join us please let us know as soon as possible.

Eeyore's Big Five 0 Day Out Event Page

I will only be updating this the forum topic once a week, but should you wish to post please feel free to do so but please remember to do your best to keep it Event related.

:ninja: One bit of hot news :) We May have Deceangi our new Approver in our midst, but we will have to wait and see on that one, we received an email to say he/she may be interested in coming along.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with what is happening. I for one appreciate it and will be reading this thread regularly and getting to learn user names of people that I don't usually come into contact with.

Really looking forward to the event and meeting new people. Do we need to start practicing 'Happy Birthday'?

Just warning you that not all Welsh people can sing!!!!!! :P

Also look forward to meeting Deceangi whoever he/she may be (any clues when all will be revealed??)

Edited by mollyjak

Just warning you that not all Welsh people can sing!!!!!! :P

Heaven Help the rest of you when I start sing then :P

Also look forward to meeting Deceangi whoever he/she may be (any clues when all will be revealed??)

How about 15 hours and 20 minutes :P

Deceangi :P

Hi All and Deceangi

Congratulations now I know who you are!!!!

Did plan on posting on the other thread but it has been closed so I hope no-one minds if I add it here.

Looking forward to this event - do we need to start practising???? :cry:

Edited by mollyjak

Hi Gang,

Here is the weekly update as promised, All the cheques were paid into the bank yesterday, so we will be going up to Llangollen to pay the deposits next weekend.

We are booking for 24 Adult seats which includes the one extra that has been booked this week.

We will obviously be able to book more seats on the trip if required, but once the deposits have been paid it will mean payment in full at the time of booking.

It is going to be lovely to meet up with you all, some friends we already know well, but also a lot of new ones we are yet to meet, it is going to be a lovely day out, and we are really looking forward it and to seeing you all in Llangollen.

I will update the page again next weekend once the deposits have been paid, and I will let you know then when we require the balance to be paid by.

Love

Eeyore (Joan)

Hi Gang,

We are off up to Llangollen tomorrow (Sunday) to pay the deposits for the Llangollen boat trip. The numbers have gone up from again from last week.

Deposits or in a few cases full payments received to date for 28 adult places (including myself and Cave Troll).

We do have another 2 adults and 1 child pending, hopefully we will have received the deposits for these by tomorrow morning, if not we will be booking the 28 seats with the option (hopefully) of booking more seats as payments are received.

Once we get back tomorrow we will know for definate when the balance has to be paid by and how many more seats we can book once the deposits are paid, and I will update both this topic and the Event Page with the information.

While we are in Llangollen we will also call into the Royal Hotel to make sure everything is still ok with the Event venue we don't expect any problems but we will check, that the Grand Re-opening is still on schedule for June to set our own minds at rest.

So watch this space for another update tomorrow.

Love Eeyore (Joan)

As promised here is the final update this week.

We have been up to Llangollen to pay the deposits, that is done now and all the 28 seats are booked, it has been marked up as 28+ so anyone else who wants to come will be able to.

Seasider got your note and your place is now booked, and so is Stora's 1 extra adult and 1 child, have sent a confirmation email through your profiles. So we now have 31 places booked.

We will need to receive the balance of all the payments (if cheques 5 working days prior and made payable to Mark, the same as the deposit cheques) before the 22nd July as we have to go in to make the final payment that weekend.

We have been into the Royal Hotel and everything is A OK with the booking, the bar has now been re-furbished and it looks lovely, we counted 35 or so seats some of which are really comfy leather ones so everyone who wants to should be able to sit down.

Well that is it for now, everything is coming together nicely, all we need now is some good weather on the day.

We look forward to meeting you all in Llangollen on the 19th August. I know the boat leaves on the dot so it will be best if everyone can aim to be at the Wharf between 11.30 - 11.45am to make sure no-one gets left behind.

It is still early in the season but Llangollen was very busy today, so it may be wise to get there early and have a look around the shops or a nice walk along the river after you have secured your parking spot for the day.

If anyone else would like to come along on the Boat Trip please contact us through our profile and we will send details of where to send your payment.

OOh I'm getting really excited now I can't wait to meet up with you all

Love

Eeyore (Joan)

Edited by Cave Troll and Eeyore

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I have been neglecting my duties as Event Organizer, I haven't updated as promised for the past two weekends, but what with the Carry on Camping event then the North Yorkshire Meet, work and college, I have not had chance.

Anyway I have just rung up to confirm that we have 32 adults and 1 child coming along on the canal boat trip over the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct before the Event proper at the Royal Hotel in the centre of Llangollen.

You are still welcome to join us, there are still places left on the boat, if you would like to come along please email us through our profile.

Anyone who is just coming to the Event at the Royal Hotel, could you please note your intentions on the cache page, just so we have an idea of the numbers involved.

Well that is this weeks update done and dusted. I hope you forgive me for not doing so earlier.

We can't wait to meet up with you all in Llangollen on the 19th August. I am getting really excited now though with my fear of heights I dare say I will be really nervous on the day, but that is my challenge and I will see it through as I always do.

Love

Eeyore

Hi Ya Guys,

Most of you have now paid the balance off your trip on the canal boat. If you haven't could you please do so ASAP as we have to take the balance of the money up to Llangollen next weekend and we need to know final numbers before then, by the seats being paid in full. I have sent reminders out on the 30th June 06 to those who hadn't yet paid their balance. Monies received since the reminders were sent have all been acknowledged as being received by private emails.

A bit of news we are also being joined on the trip by MikieP from California USA + 3 and we are also being joined by Dc Cow + 3 for what will be a great day out, especially if the weather holds up for us, I am sure it will (says her with fingers crossed).

To Date our numbers are made up of

John Stead (4)

Guess Who (3)

Yorky Pudding (2)

DcCow (4)

MollyJak (2)

Mancunian Pyrocacher (5)

Stora (2 adults and 1 child)

Hazel S & Sandiway Searchers (3)

Seasider (1)

Belplasca (2)

MikieP (4)

and of course myself and Cave Troll.

I will post the final details once the balance has been paid, but hopefully nothing should change from what is already posted on the Event page.

Love

Eeyore (Joan)