New Software 2.71 Beta For X Units

Boom, and just like that:

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.71:

* Add feature to save active track log to file on data card.

* Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC.

That was fast. People complained when 2.7 came out and apparently they responded. Essentially when you go into Data card access the GPSr becomes an identifiable drive thus facilitating dl of tracks. You select the Safe to Remove device icon to exit that mode.

I'm impressed.

Webupdater won't load betas.

Yeah... I missed that it was a beta :o

I think I'm gonna stick with 2.70 until I hear some feedback. But it's nice to see them working so hard over there at Garmin!

It's quite clear that 2.71 is 2.7 plus the data card features. Just as 2.7 was the same as 2.62 except for the loss of Data Card saves of tracks. Even if there are problems it is easy to go back an update or two.

I, for one, appreciated the quick response to replacing the track feature....if that was the reason. I suspect that, for some reason, Garmin doesn't want it in the non-beta version yet (and used this method to keep those of us that wanted it HAPPY).

Yay Garmin!! Way to go! Garmin is the best when it comes to listening to us users and quickly responding to our input and suggestions. The beta v.2.71 is proof of that. This rocks! that we can now save tracklog data to the microSD again, and to now transfer the data directly to the PC! Awesome.