Custody Battle Over Your Profile?

With all of the discussions about numbers padding going on in another thread, I was looking at the Geocacher Rankings site going through some of the names there.

I came across 1 name that I know used to be a husband and wife team, and they have since divorced.

I was just curious if there was ever a case of a caching couple splitting up, and arguing over "custody" of their profile and cache count...

I imaging if it was really important to them both, one could make a new profile, and then take the time to go back and re-log every find they had, even thoiugh the actual name of the new account wouldn't be in the log book.

Just an idle, (not Idol), thought.

With all of the discussions about numbers padding going on in another thread, I was looking at the Geocacher Rankings site going through some of the names there.

I came across 1 name that I know used to be a husband and wife team, and they have since divorced.

I was just curious if there was ever a case of a caching couple splitting up, and arguing over "custody" of their profile and cache count...

I imaging if it was really important to them both, one could make a new profile, and then take the time to go back and re-log every find they had, even thoiugh the actual name of the new account wouldn't be in the log book.

Just an idle, (not Idol), thought.

Because of the way the system is set up, it's fairly easy for someone to change the password and email address of a joint account, thereby shutting out the other person, and taking full control of the account. I've known it to happen, but I'm not going to get into specifics.