J.j. Coin On E-bay-not To Be Sold

Jeep'en Jumpers

I have never sold any of my Cav Scout Version one coins on Ebay. I did sell a Raven coin and OIFGA coin on Ebay and 100% of the money went to red cross and another went to a Soldiers family who was KIA in Iraq. Those coins will never upset me if I see them on Ebay.

I did get upset recently when I did see one of my coins on Ebay that was given away in good trust and a promise from the person I gave it too that they would never sell my personal coin on Ebay. Well low and behold the same person sold my coin on ebay. The story behind selling my coin I think is half truths. It would of been nice if they could of given me a chance to buy or give me my coin back. The world is filled with folks who like to make profits off anothers person hard work. This is one of my reasons I rarely trade my personal coins anymore. But what can you do? Don't trade with that person anymore.

Remember the M10Bike coin for sale on Ebay being sold by someone who never cached a day in his life? It was supposedly given away by the cacher to pay a debt off for some baseball cards or some story like that. Whats funny about the story is it don't match up with what really happended. I was the one who gave the coin to the cacher who was pulling everyones leg about finding it himself in the woods. In reality I found it on a snow covered mountaintop. I gave that coin to him because I thought he was my friend. You can't trust everyone...

Just no point in getting mad at coins being on ebay. Its gonna happen sooner or later. The best thing to do is not bid on them.

Time to get off of my soap box.

I traded for one of the gold JJ coins and picked up a silver from another cacher. While it was clear the owner did not want the coins sold on Ebay, there was never any aggreement to not do so. I tried to get a second gold coin so I could release the activated one and still have one for my collection but he refuse. For that trade, I offered a promised to not sell the coins and would have been bound by that promise. However, he declined the trade. So, while I never intend to sell the coins I do have, it is clearly my right to do so, whenever I wish.

I too traded my coins carefully (so that no one ended up with multiples) in hopes of keeping them off the market. A couple have ended up on Ebay and I was disappointed, but hey, it ain't the end of the world. To think there's anything that I can or should do about is a stretch.

I look at the issue as two different items. One is the coin itself, and the other is the service provided to track it.

Sure, a personal geocoin can/will be traded, sold, etc...but just WHO paid GC.com for the Tracking Numbers and Activation Fee? I think ownership of those numbers certainly belongs to whoever paid for them, and if they want to 'turn off' the tracking ability on any of those numbers, they should be allowed to do that.

I look at the issue as two different items. One is the coin itself, and the other is the service provided to track it.

Sure, a personal geocoin can/will be traded, sold, etc...but just WHO paid GC.com for the Tracking Numbers and Activation Fee? I think ownership of those numbers certainly belongs to whoever paid for them, and if they want to 'turn off' the tracking ability on any of those numbers, they should be allowed to do that.

If a coin is traded for another coin I believe they trade everything along with that coin including the tracking rights. The trade is considered equal value to each of the people involved otherwise they wouldn't make the trade. The trade states they HAVE paid for it. One pays for the tracking numbers on their coin and the other does the same and they trade. If I traded for a coin and the previous owner pulled the stunt of activating it themselves or locking it out I would be more than a little p.o.ed about it and would consider that they renigged (sp?) on part of the trade

If a coin is traded for another coin I believe they trade everything along with that coin including the tracking rights. The trade is considered equal value to each of the people involved otherwise they wouldn't make the trade. The trade states they HAVE paid for it. One pays for the tracking numbers on their coin and the other does the same and they trade. If I traded for a coin and the previous owner pulled the stunt of activating it themselves or locking it out I would be more than a little p.o.ed about it and would consider that they renigged (sp?) on part of the trade

If you get an unactivated coin, you are right, you own the tracking. If you trade or buy an activated coin, you don't. You can adopt the tracking and the owner may do that as part of the sale/trade, but if you don't have an agreement, the tracking stays with the person who activated it.