60csx Sight 'n Go

I don't recalibrate the altimeter every time i change batteries. And I only recalibrate the compass when I think i'm gonna need it. In that case, as I exit my car and prep my gear and I just hold it in my hand and spin it so I'm good to go.

I have a 60CS, with updated firmware....I've never had to calibrate to use the compass features.

I just did a sight and go to test after not calibrating for over a month, and having used my unit every other day (I hardly ever use my compass here in the city)....works fine (although my projected site was off but that's most likely cause I was standing next to a large building (can't be next to buildings or cars...also other strong compass's))

Point is unless they made changes for the 'X', then calibrating is not your problem.....you probably had the compas off by accident (like stated above)....on the compass screen, hold down the 'page' button till it turns the compass on.

I have a 60CS, with updated firmware....I've never had to calibrate to use the compass features.

I just did a sight and go to test after not calibrating for over a month, and having used my unit every other day (I hardly ever use my compass here in the city)....works fine (although my projected site was off but that's most likely cause I was standing next to a large building (can't be next to buildings or cars...also other strong compass's))

Point is unless they made changes for the 'X', then calibrating is not your problem.....you probably had the compas off by accident (like stated above)....on the compass screen, hold down the 'page' button till it turns the compass on.

Don't get confused between the functions of the regular compass and the electronic compass, both found on the "s" series (including both the CS and the CSX). The regular compass doesn't require calibration, but won't work accurately until you're moving a short distance. Whereas the electronic compass will work accurately without any travel, but does require an initial calibration when powering up. The electronic compass and altimeter is difference between the C and the CS as well as the difference between the CX and the CSX.