60csx 512 Mb Card, Map Load In Card Reader?

kgag

I could have sworn there was a topic that covered this, but I can't seem to track it down. I just got a new 512 mb card for my 60csx and it works fine, I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to load city select or topo maps on it while it is in a card reader rather than the gps.

Thanks,

kgag.

From everything I have read, these microSD cards are fragile and are not meant to be swapped in and out of devices on a very regular basis like the typical memory cards used in other devices.

Once I get my 1GB card, it is going into the unit and not coming out until a larger card replaces it.

It loads much faster (granted my card reader is built in to the computer so its really fast).

Anyway, I don't think the microsd are quite as fragile as everyone thinks. Everytime I load my mapset I take it out and put it in the computer. Granted, the mapset is 400mb, but still, those cards are in cell phones and stuff where the only way to get the data off is by putting it in the card reader.

From everything I have read, these microSD cards are fragile and are not meant to be swapped in and out of devices on a very regular basis like the typical memory cards used in other devices.

Once I get my 1GB card, it is going into the unit and not coming out until a larger card replaces it.

If you enable the option to write the active log to the memory card, then the only way to get the data is to remove the card from the GPSr and put it in a reader.