Logging As A Team. Allowed?

papatom2

My self, wife, Two of my adult children and their boys will be attending the Geowoodstock. We will be geocaching as a group. That's 6 people that have to sign in at the log book and then into GC.com. Is there a way we can have one team name and all get credit for our finds??

I sure hope so. It would be temperary but would solve a lot of problems and save time, paper and the enviroment.

Edited by papatom2

My self, wife, Two of my adult children and their boys will be attending the Geowoodstock. We will be geocaching as a group. That's 6 people that have to sign in at the log book and then into GC.com. Is there a way we can have one team name and all get credit for our finds??

I sure hope so. It would be temperary but would solve a lot of problems and save time, paper and the enviroment.

Fairly new, but my understanding is that the team name would get credit, but if you want each individual account to get credit, you'll need to log under each individual account.

Well the easiest thing to do would be create small stickers with each of your caching names on the sticker. You can go to any office supply store and buy a box of printer labels and print these beforehand at home. We have found that small (I can't remember the size off the top of my head), clear labels work best. This will cut down on the time needed to have each person sign the log. I am a member of a geocaching team, Team U-Turn , and this is what we do before each of our cache runs. While on Cache Runs together, we do sign the log "Team U-Turn", but log individually on GC.com. I see no need to log caches twice w/ my account and the group account.

Fairly new, but my understanding is that the team name would get credit, but if you want each individual account to get credit, you'll need to log under each individual account.

Yep. I agree. If you sign ONE 'team name', the find goes to that name, not each of your individual geocaching accounts, unless EACH ONE of you signs the logbook.

Example: let's say 8 cachers get together (let's assume they have been caching for a while and all have their separate caching accounts on GC.com) and make a cache run of...oh, say... 312 caches, and let's say they decide to only write 'Team ABC' on one line of the logsheet, because that day, they say they are caching as a 'team'...

That means ONLY the geocaching profile for 'Team ABC' should reflect 312 caches, NOT the individual accounts of the cachers in that team.

The only way EACH cacher can claim 312 finds on their individual geocaching accounts, is for EACH cacher to write their individual geocaching names on EACH logbook. The finds online must reflect the finds in the logbooks. If the name is not in the logbook, it's not a find, it's just another cacher faking finds.

Edited by TEAM 360

When caching with a large group we have often signed the paper logs with a "team name". I've cached with groups as large as 20 people, and I'd hate to completely fill a micro log with all the names when a team name will do. However, when I log online I mention in my log that the logbook was signed as "team XYZ" so the owner can validate logs if he/she chooses.

Edited by Stunod