Watch Your Feet!

That is a beautiful picture . . . :D

I nearly stepped on a rattlesnake the other day. It was in an area where I didn't expect to see one.

Would you be thinking rattlesnake in a grassy area like this? I wasn't. :D

3f645667-2c75-450a-b981-594d969c5346.jpg

It was very scary. :D After that, I used my walking stick the way a blind person uses their white cane for the duration of the hike.

As the foliage begins to reappear and become more and more dense little things like stump holes get harder to see and therefore potentially more dangerous. Here in rural Alabama I've run across a lot more of them than I have snakes.

<_< Out caching today in the hills of TN...That 3 leaf poison thing is really starting to spread and I'm sure, so are the snakes, ticks, and fire ants <_< Must be Easter :tired:

That reminds me, I saw a red bug (aka chigger) the other day crawling across a picnic table. Guess that means it's time to start taping down the pants legs again. And yes, the poison ivy is in full ... bloom? Anyhow, it's everywhere. It doesn't bother me too much, yet, but I suspect it won't be too much longer before I'm going to have to wear Tyvec coveralls in the woods.