Gpsmap 60c: Loading New Maps Deletes The Old, Help!

You need to select all map tiles that you want to load from Mapsource first, then send to the GPS. If you are using multiple map sets, switch to the other map sets and choose tiles there as well. The list of map tiles builds up in the map list on the left.

After you are done, save the map set to a GDP file so you don't have to do it twice.

But if I have maps in my GPS.. they get deleted if they are not the same as the ones I am uploading. for example: I am going up north tomorrow, I want the map that is one higher than what I have loaded on my GPS, I open a new file, select the map and upload it. When I check my GPS, it has none of my old maps on it.

From what I can remember, it wasn't like that with my old Legend. Unless it's the software version of Mapsource that has created this issue?

Bzz

But if I have maps in my GPS.. they get deleted if they are not the same as the ones I am uploading. for example: I am going up north tomorrow, I want the map that is one higher than what I have loaded on my GPS, I open a new file, select the map and upload it. When I check my GPS, it has none of my old maps on it.

From what I can remember, it wasn't like that with my old Legend. Unless it's the software version of Mapsource that has created this issue?

Bzz

Your memory is probably faulty, my Vista does the same thing.

What you want to do is this:

Grab the mapset from your GPS to the computer.

Add whatever maps you want to the list.

Upload the new list of maps.

What you have occuring is the way the map loading system is set up. Whatever your total selection of maps is for download, that's what's loaded...all previous maps are deleted. With the 60C you'll soon have a few files saved that has exactly what you want on your GPSr next.

I've been saving .gpx files all the time...it's a dropdown menu

The XXX.gpx files can be used for saving waypoint and track information, but they don't include the selected maps which was the point of this thread. So saving the MapSource information as an XXX.gdb file would be correct since that saves the set of maps that have been selected.

Thanks guys and gals.. I was aware of the "download all first" solution (I didn't mention I tried it and it worked) but I was looking at a quick upload solution that wouldn't involve downloading all my maps to and from everytime. Oh well.. thanks for the help.