Watchlisting Members?

Wine Lovers

At this time, No.

This has been suggested many times, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Some members don't like the idea, and feel it invades their privacy, but others don't mind. If it were to be implemented as a feature, I assume it will be on a selective basis with the person watched giving permission.

I have my brother's profile page on my 'favorites', so I can keep track of him when he's travelling.

On the other hand, I find it a bit disconcerting when someone tells me "I see you were caching up along the Palisades last weekend'. Or someone approaching me in the supermarket, asking "Are you Harry Dolphin?"

The problem I have with being able to put cachers on one's watchlist is how does the watchee know whether the watcher is just an interested geobuddy, or a psycho armed with good topo maps showing all the abandonded quarries and mines in the area where he/she plans to hide the body of said watchee?

Huh???? How did you EVER find out what we were doing? Darn you! :P:D:P

;):P:D:D:DB)

Is there a way to place other members on your watchlist? So you can watch what caches friends and family are finding?

I don't wanna watchlist any (don't want the emails) but I'd sure like to bookmark some friends and family like we can caches. Yeah, I know, I can bookamrk them in my browser, but I'm not always at my PC to get my favorites. Having them all in gc.com for "one-stop-shopping" would be a LOT handier.

One of the things I read about in the geocaching website forum is that they are working on implementing "geobuddies" or something to that effect. Someone 'asks' to place you on their buddy list, and you yea or nay each request. You know who is stalking watching you, and it is completely up to YOU.

This has not yet been implemented, to my limited knowledge.