Travelling To Ireland

tantl

I will be travelling to Ireland in July. I am wondering how to locate some geocache waypoints in the southern part of the country without searching through EVERY geocache listed under Ireland. :huh:

This is a common concern of international cachers. One easy way is to use the coordinates of one or more cities in the area which you want to cache and then use this as a search start point. A really good place to get the coords is: http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_r...cabularies/tgn/ Just enter the city name in the 'Find Name' field and look for the ones labeled 'populated place'.

Edited by Team Cotati

zoltig beat me to it. Yes, the Irish geocaching page has great maps that will show the locations of caches by county. Have fun! Ireland is a beautiful country. I lived there for some time and even married one of them. Her father is now an Irish geocacher. I organize trips there and can give you many suggestions.

Can't talk about it here for fear of being struck down by the forces that be (I make money doing this :laughing: ) But feel free to e-mail me for some FREE advice.

VikingVal: For Northern Ireland you merely need to find a postcode near where you are staying (NI uses UK codes). Your hotel (assuming you're staying in one) will have it in its address. If you can't find one do a websearch on the town and look for a shop address (Boots the Chemist or Woolworths are worth trying), local council address etc and just pop the postcode in the find box just like a zipcode. For decent maps enter the postcode into MultiMap and zoom out to a brilliant contoured Ordnance Survey sheet. Should be all you need. Have a good one, and have a pint of the black stuff for me!