Mapsource Like Program For Palm Or Ppc?

rpminmn

Is there anything similar to Mapsource or nRoute for a PDA that would work with my garmin 60cx?

I'm planning on some motorcycle trips with my 60cx this summer and while I can lay out routes on it directly, it gets a little cumbersome using the rocker/arrows to move the cursor around and navigate through the map. Using a laptop would work with Mapsource or nRoute, but I'd rather leave that behind and be able to use something smaller like a decent PDA. What I'd like to do is map out a route using a stylus and highway/street map on the PDA and then download the route/waypoints to the 60cx. Realtime mapping would be nice, but is not at all necessary. What are my options? I don't have a PDA yet, so any recommendations for either platform (Palm or WinCE) would be appreciated.

would something like MS Pocket Streets or Mapopolis work for this? Anything else?

thanks,

Bob

I got the City Select Maps for my Garmin Vista C and it autoroutes me around automatically. Purchasing the Garmin City Navigoator or City Select maps for that great GPSr seems like the best way to go, unless I am misunderstanding your question.

I have an inexpensive Palm M500 on which I installed Cachemate. That program holds all the cache data for me. I keep the Palm in a hard case to protect it from the rigors of Geocaching. :mad:

I use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to send the waypoints to my GPSr and Export the data for the Palm.

Edited by Miragee

I got the City Select Maps for my Garmin Vista C and it autoroutes me around automatically. Purchasing the Garmin City Navigoator or City Select maps for that great GPSr seems like the best way to go, unless I am misunderstanding your question.

I have the City Select maps and it works as you describe. Most of the time the autorouting is all I need and it works great. But when planning motorcycle rides during a trip, I'd like to pick the roads/turns/waypoints myself using a map interface, finding roads that looks twisty and fun, and click on the ends of it to mark waypoints. I CAN do that directly on the 60cx, but it's cumbersome with the arrows. It's easier with a map and mouse on my laptop using Mapsource and downloading the route to the 60cx. But on a trip, I'd like to leave the laptop at home. I'd like to do the same with a PDA displaying a map and using a stylus instead of mouse. Just an interface thing.

hope that makes sense,

Bob