Suggested Olympia, Wa Caches

txknight

Its a little ways out of town, but Summit Lake Community Center is one of our favorites. It's a reasonably short multi with a really cool final. Elephant's Graveyard is another that is a good cache because it's something out of the ordinary, not to mention morbidly cool, but a little ways out of town.

I'm sure that the Olympia area people will chime in (you out there Oh Joy!?) with cache suggestions for closer in town, but these were a couple that stuck out in my mind.

howdies,

What's your preference in cache?

quick n easy, some hiking? multi's?

are you wanting to stay close a paticular city here? Lacey,Tumwater, Olympia.

Theres so many to point you at it would be easier if there were some guidelines to narrow it down.

One of my personal favorites recently is a great walk in Watershed Park off Henderson Rd.

There are 3 easy caches along the loop and springtime is making this place burst with new growth.

Fantastic trail in a lush area. I'd link but GC is down for maintainance.

howdies,

What's your preference in cache?

quick n easy, some hiking? multi's?

are you wanting to stay close a paticular city here? Lacey,Tumwater, Olympia.

Theres so many to point you at it would be easier if there were some guidelines to narrow it down.

One of my personal favorites recently is a great walk in Watershed Park off Henderson Rd.

There are 3 easy caches along the loop and springtime is making this place burst with new growth.

Fantastic trail in a lush area. I'd link but GC is down for maintainance.

The Watershed Park one (GCRDRC)is a great one- I recently went and did maintenance on it for ohjoy!, who was leaving town about the time the cache was noted as needing some TLC.

Someone even found the bath salts I left as updated swag. B)

:laughing: I am "home" for a couple if weeks... I am planning out my cache runs throughout WA and northern ID, This thread is helpful to me, I can pick some better caches quicker... I am in Kelso right now and will be getting to Oly this morning... So if anyone see a blue Trailblazer with MO plates and a Retired USN sticker on the back window,,, That would be me. Feel free to introduce yourself, I like to meet other cachers! :laughing: