Write Note Vs Owner Maintenance

Beffums

Ok, so say you went out to check on one of your caches. You had yet to get any DNFs on it, you just were doing normal rounds on your hides. If you got there, opened the cache, checked there was adequate swag, dry contents, etc etc... but didn't need to do anything, would you log it as a note or as that new option - owner maintenance? I guess the question mostly is - unless there was a needs maintenace log on the cache, does it matter? Does it make a difference to reviewers (or anyone else), if there's a recent owner maintenance log vs a note saying that the owner swung by their cache and checked in on it? It's just something I wonder about when I'm trying to note maintenance runs on caches... :anicute:

edit: typos

Edited by Beffums

Ok, so say you went out to check on one of your caches. You had yet to get any DNFs on it, you just were doing normal rounds on your hides. If you got there, opened the cache, checked there was adequate swag, dry contents, etc etc... but didn't need to do anything, would you log it as a note or as that new option - owner maintenance? I guess the question mostly is - unless there was a needs maintenace log on the cache, does it matter? Does it make a difference to reviewers (or anyone else), if there's a recent owner maintenance log vs a note saying that the owner swung by their cache and checked in on it? It's just something I wonder about when I'm trying to note maintenance runs on caches... :anicute:

edit: typos

Since no one had stated that any maintenance was needed and especially since this was a routine check, nothing needed to be done, and you did nothing that affected prospective hunters, I wouldn't log anything.