Faulty Etrex Vista.

davy boy

:anicute::huh::P My vista had acquired a couple of faults recently,the front toggle button would not move the cursor to the left and it also would let water in and then the unit would lock up also the glue holding the rubber seal had failed.

I mailed GARMIN and posted the unit back to them and this morning i recieved a brand new unit free of charge!!!!

Who else would give such great service with a unit 3 years old??????? :P:huh::P

:D:D:) My vista had acquired a couple of faults recently,the front toggle button would not move the cursor to the left and it also would let water in and then the unit would lock up also the glue holding the rubber seal had failed.

I mailed GARMIN and posted the unit back to them and this morning i recieved a brand new unit free of charge!!!!

Who else would give such great service with a unit 3 years old??????? :D:D:D

They probably didn't realise it was 3 years old! :D

right i have e mailed them lets see if they can get my 60c to see sats :) i think that would be a good start :D

What to you mean to 'see sats'? You're not seeing them on screen in the advanced sky view, or the machine is not recieving any satelites?

If it is not getting any signals, often a hard reset will get it working again. I can't seem to find in the manual how to do that. Garmin will be able to help you, though. After a hard reset it will start all over again and get a new almanac (sp) for the satelites.

I have had my map60c for a while now, the only problem I have is the power button is not working very well any more. It needs quite a hard push to get it to turn on/off sometimes!

I too have just found their service excellent!

The rubber gasket had started to come unstuck on a etrex yellow, so asked them what the best way to re-stick it (being over three years old didn't think they would be interested), and they replied to just send it to them and the will do it. But it actually came back a brand new gasket, a new battery cover and a fresh set of batteries!