Sd East River Geocachers Are U Out There?

2B Amazed

There are a few.

I'm just north of Sioux Falls.

I've seen a lot of caches in Sioux Falls and surrounding areas of the East River and was just curious as to how many people are active in the forums, I check back on the forums as much as I can, mainly to lurk around for information and geocoins that I like to collect, trade or grab. Met up with some nice folks in my little area of Lake Andes that enjoy doing this so I said I would post and see who else was out there. Thanks for the reply and I will leave this post running for awhile longer to see who else might respond. Happy Hunting :lol:

Not as active in them as I used to be.

I have been a little bit more interested in other hobbies, mainly remote controlled airplane/helicopter flying. However, I still make it to the geocaching website and forum on an almost daily basis to see if there is any news about my existing GPSr or new models and check on caches nearby.

Unfortunately I been doing less geocaching and more flying (the best days to geocache are also the best days to fly). However I still go out if I can find some one new to show the hobby to, or if I go out of town (the planes normally don't go with me).

Wyatt W.

hey im from sioux falls too! yeaaaaaaa I've just started this geocaching and hope to have a good ole' time!

I am a new to this forum and new to the hobby itself. I have ordered a Garmin 60CSx and will receive it next week. I would like to meet other people and find out if there is a club around, or possibly start one. I live in sioux falls. Please email me at cary1952@sio.midco.net if you are interested in getting together.

thanks.

Cary1952

Sioux Falls, SD

There are a few.

I'm just north of Sioux Falls.

I've seen a lot of caches in Sioux Falls and surrounding areas of the East River and was just curious as to how many people are active in the forums, I check back on the forums as much as I can, mainly to lurk around for information and geocoins that I like to collect, trade or grab. Met up with some nice folks in my little area of Lake Andes that enjoy doing this so I said I would post and see who else was out there. Thanks for the reply and I will leave this post running for awhile longer to see who else might respond. Happy Hunting :)

Hi, I am new to the hobby and live in sioux falls. Please contact me at cary1952@sio.midco.net (if you want to leave your phone number I will give you a call.)

Cary 1952

I am a nomad between the two sides. Black Hills caches provide some awesome views and experiences (even within Rapid City), but I really like the creativity it takes to make a good cache out east river where I am originally from (Aberdeen). I guess I get the best of both worlds...mountain caching and prairie caching within 350 miles of one another.

:laughing:

Hi: Just today discovered there are forums other then "Getting Started" & "Geocaching Topics". I finally scrolled down a bit further to discover this Midwest forum. I live just west of Canton and have had a ball searching out my first 23 in in this area and northwest Iowa. I have had my Garmin 72 for a couple of years but only discovered geocaching this January and only wish I had discovered it sooner. I am retired and my hips and knees limit me to some extent however I have had good luck with those caches within 500-600 feet from the closest parking area. I can't wait for the snow to go and warmer weather to return. Being a nu-be and not reading the cache pages thoughly, I broke myself in on mirco & small caches. Actually it was good training for the sport. When the weather is rignt I am ready to place my first cache.

Am anxious to meet other cachers in the area.

God Bless and Good Caching

Ed